Khalif Mitchell suspension

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Mitchell gets 2 games.

Waiting on the appeal...

Tags:
  2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

There should be no appeal. Who made the decision? Was it the commissioner Cohon or head of Officiating Higgins?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The agreement between the league & the players. At times the CFL is such a bush league.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wally certainly won't like this and he'll time his appeal to get the most out of Mitchell before the 2 game kicks in. Mitchell should also be on notice that a similar incident (even lesser) will result in a 8 game suspension, after that he'd face a lifetime ban from the CFL.

However, CFL execs - smiley mice like Cohon, Papa Old & Tom Notso Terrific don't have the balls to extend suspensions or issue warnings. They're at the mercy of the league/PA rules. Too bad.

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Your right the BC Lions organization should be ashamed at themselves thinking that this was just a football play. That was a deliberate attempt to break the guys arm. Mitchell if I were the head of the CFL he would never play another game in Canada.

6. Rids

Rids Member

Suspension has been appealed. Mitchell gets to play in the next two games with a hearing set for Aug. 6th. CFLPA flexing muscle here.

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Mitchell is appealing - therefore he will play against the Stamps this week.

8. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Lets give this low life a warm welcome!

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Nothing will happen. In fact, if the game were vs. Wpg a guy like Doug Brown would shake hands with Mitchell and engage him in conversation prior to the game. CFL players are notoriously cowardly in obtaining street justice so King Khalif should have full run of the field.

10. Rids

Rids Member

You mean the guy that wrote this article?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinio ... 14856.html

I'm not sure what all Dougie boy is looking at but I see the play a little differently. Little DL Brotherhood going on maybe. Rottier is at full extension when Mitchell grabbed the arm, pulled it in and then did the twist.

11. Liske

Liske Member

The incident clearly took place after the whistle. I didn't see what Rottier was doing, but if he was just holding Mitchell's jersey, that hardly warrants intending to injure someone.

I wonder what basis Mitchell is going to appeal? "He was touching my jersey!"

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Rob Murphy was weighing in on twitter last night. Basically said the Esks OL has always been junk the way they play by tackling opposition DL. He actually thought what Mitchell did was okay & justified. Said also that is why crappy CIS OL can play in the CFL. Murphy still being the low life he was when he played.