Kilam In Running for Bears Job

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rids, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

It appears that Mark Kilam is in the mix for the Alberta Golden Bears head coaching job. He's in the short list of 5 names and will be interviewed this weekend.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/S ... story.html

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That is a sad program. I don't know whether to offer the guy congratulations or condolences if he gets the Bears HC job.

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

We'll miss him in Calgary on Special Teams if he does go to the Golden Bears...:-/

TM

4. Rids

Rids Member

He is a former Golden Bear himself so I can imagine that's a big part of the draw.

5. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

Hmmm.... Blake Nill on one sideline.... Mark Kilam on the other.... Special teams may be better for U of A but the rest... Not so sure there's a win for U of A next year under Kilam.

6. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

For whomever gets the job, its a huge task. Last time I was up in the Alumni Lounge at Foote field watching the Carr championship, word was that Spady and Morris were the front runners, but everyone thought Kilam would be an interesting interview. Should be interesting to see what happens...

7. Rids

Rids Member

Spady would be an interesting hire I think. Give them a boost in the recruiting department.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Spady killed midget football in Edmonton. Some people love the guy & some people hate him. All he'll do is polarize recruiting in Edmonton. Some high school teams won't let him talk to their players while others will. Why would they want a guy like that, winner or not?