Last Football Book

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rids, May 14, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Ok just tossing this topic out there.

What's the last football book you read?

Mine was "Football Scouting Methods" by Steve Belichick.

Not the newest football book on the shelf but this 1962 edition is awesome. Love the insight.

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

An oldie but goodie... "For Love, Money & Future Considerations"... By former Argos tight end Mel Profit. Written after the 1971 season... Very good section on the 71 Grey Cup & McQuay's fumble.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Just finishing up Gerry James new autobiography 'Kid Dyamite'. Great insight on the CFL of the 50s, James mercurial life as Manitoba's greatest young athlete and internal problems (like overt secrecy) that still plague the Bomber organization.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Definetly a Bud Grant hater. Can you imagine someone today playing in the NHL & CFL? Never happen. But what an athlete! To play in the old 6 team NHL?? Then for the Bombers... Whoa.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is a new one for you guys.

[​IMG]

http://stampeders.com/article/book-tell ... yoff-story

6. Rids

Rids Member

As a football junkie every year I add an assortment of NCAA preview magazines. Already managed to add the Lindy's NCAA Preview and the Phil Steele's Preview (page 304) to the collection.

One of the beauties of being down here is that you can find additional resources. Lindy's produces a conference issue that focuses on each BCS conference so I imagine I'll add the ACC and SEC editions to the collection for the first time this year.