Last Football Movie

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rids, May 17, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

So not everybody reads football books but what about football movies?

The last one that I watched was The Replacements when it was on TV a couple weeks ago. Love that movie even with Keanu Reeves! FALCO!!!!

Odd fact - the lady that plays Annabelle (head cheerleader) has a guest role on the TV show Friday Night Lights for 8 episodes!

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We Are Marshall. Tragic accident almost destroys the football program but it perserveres... I really liked Any Given Sunday. Pacino was really good as a disillusioned & jaded head coach... Saw Heaven Can Wait with Warren Beatty on television recently. Saw it in the movie theatres back in 1978. Thought it was a great movie back then... Now, not so much...

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

All good movies fellas but I really enjoyed Remember the Titans - the acting was superior overall. Other than Pacino being better than anyone in the world.

Pacino is one american actor who has seldom sold himself out to inferior crappy scripts and bad production like Robert Di Nero has.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Brian's Song.

I watched it on the internet a few months back.

I must've seen it at least 15 times in the more than 40 years it's been around.

I recall reading that in sports fans polling done a decade or so back, more men admit to shedding a tear or two over that picture than for any other movie, in any genre, bar none.

I would be one of them.

TM

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The original made for TV movie was way better. James Caan & Billy Dee Williams were great together. My father who owned an auto body shop in Winnipeg, was a hunter & fisherman, liked his beer & whiskey with just a pinch of water & was a "man's man" type of guy. We both watched that show & at the end even he was shedding some tears although trying hard not to show it... For me to see my dad like that when I was 15 was way beyond cool... Never forget that.

6. Flash

Flash Member

Saw the movie Rudy the other day. Well most of it.

7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

What other one is there?

I've never seen any version of it but the original one.

TM

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

I have to agree with TM. It was a made for movie movie. As in Silver Screen. James Caan was outstanding!

9. Rusty

Rusty Member

The longest yard is the last one I watched. Funny and a good show. I like both the original and the Sandler movie.