News Latching on to Lynch

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, May 25, 2017.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

Just as his introduction to football was an unexpected occurrence, history repeated itself for Julan Lynch on Sunday evening.

The former University of Saskatchewan receiver was scooped up by the Stamps with the 17th overall selection of the CFL Draft without any indication the Red and White had their sights set on him.

“I wasn’t really sure,” said the 22-year-old regarding where he thought he may end up. “I didn’t have a chance to speak to them before the draft. I didn’t have any idea of this happening at all. I was actually hanging out with a teammate of mine, Mitch Hillis. We decided to be around each other to see what unfolded and it was very surprising when I got the call. My heart just about jumped out of my chest when my phone rang and I was like, ‘OK, here we go.’ It was unreal.”

Despite the surprise, Lynch couldn’t be happier with how things worked out.

“It’s a great organization with a really great head coach,” remarked the eighth U of S player to ever be chosen by the Stampeders, joining current fullback Charlie Power. “My head coach with the Huskies, Scott Flory, has really great things to say about him and he has really high hopes for me there.”
    Link

Tags:
    Tundra Mustang likes this.