LATEST MEDIA BOMB DROPS IN DA PEG

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

pretty much what you've been saying. no need to rub it in to ourbombers right? :D

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Fans are split down the middle on this one. I wasn't a great LaPo fan. At times, his coaching befuddled me. Certainly having so many players not make it back for practice after some days off should have been handled harshly if it wasn't. I mean, if we did that to our employers it wouldn't go over very well. We better have had a damn good reason to return to work late after a holiday & time off work or we could be fired. So, why did these guys do it to LaPo & make him look so bad?
    Honestly, I would be afraid to do that to my employer as I would fear for my job so I believe it when the notion that LaPo lost the locker room was made. No way they'd do that to a coach they respected & maybe feared a little bit. I don't think any player would do that to head coaches like Wally, Trestman or Huff.
    Having said that, the way Mack threw his former coach under the bus on Saturday when he had a direct hand in his undoing as Bomber GM was appalling. As did Buchko with the way he botched the stadium construction deadlines & the Bombers had to start with 4 games on the road. Both are as much to blame as the players who let their HC down.
    I like Tim Burke. He is the guy who really should have been head coach for the Bombers after LaPo's 4-14 season. So, now he gets his chance & I hope he is able to whip the Bomber malcontents into shape. Burke better watch his front & his back though when Mack & Buchko are around him. Based on what I've seen, I sure wouldn't trust them.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

The Winnipeg Blue Botchmen, thats what we're being called all over the CFL universe.

Hopefully, Quick Draw MackFlaw and his loyal servant BuBu (Bulldog Burke) can right the ship. If they can lay a lickin' on DairyAnt and the Riders, especially at Taylor Field they might be able to cause the riders to press all panic buttons, firing some combination of Taman, Champ, Hall, Khari Jones, Dyce (no more than two, one for sure)

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Don't want to see anything bad happen to Khari or Craig Dickenson. They are two of the CFL's real good guys. Chamblin's job is safe as is Taman's after the Riders reshuffled their deck last off season. They need to have another year at least to show they can make a winner in Saskatchewan. To me, the missing piecve to the puzzle never was Andy Fantuz but Rob Bagg. He was the glue in that Canadian receiving corps. Once he left that is when the losing started & Durant struggled.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

surprised no one commented on Lobendhan going to ssk, pending physical.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Lobo in Sask? Yawn. We all know he'll pass his physical. Then see a bag of football & he'll pull a hamstring.