Lethbridge Hurricanes

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Rids, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

I've always followed the Hurricanes because they really are the former Calgary Wranglers which was by far and away my favorite junior team growing up. So this is of interest to at least me...

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. Flash

Flash Member

I guess I can see it. Not sure why a team called the Hurricanes needs stars on their sleeves. But if Reebok makes both of them wouldn't they have noticed the similarities?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nice way for the NHL to treat their feeder junior teams. Joke.

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

I don't get it. The colors are similar but under direct comparison are clearly different. The stripe patterns though are completely distinct. I've seen far more blatant knockoffs than that. The Kootenay Ice uniforms once bore a far, far more striking resemblance to the Caps in the late 90s and early 2000s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously? And yet the Hurricanes' uniform somehow upsets the Capitals? How classless are they. It's clearly nothing more than vaguely similar to their uniform. It's not like they stole it and slapped their logo on it. It's also not like the Hurricanes are a wealthy franchise. Having a vaguely similar uniform does nothing to hurt the Capitals so why are they taking this action and hurting a junior hockey feeder club? This is completely classless. Any chance the Capitals once had of me ever cheering for them has now gone out the window.

5. Rids

Rids Member

Update this:

It appears like Lethbridge is going to switch to their alternative jersey full time next year. Here's the new look logo.

[​IMG]

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That awkward moment of silence when you realize a plane has absolutely nothing to do with a hurricane.

7. Rids

Rids Member

It does when it's a Hawker Hurricane.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Meh, lame. With the strong winds in Lethbridge no way the name is about a plane.

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Should've changed the name to the Lethbridge Chinooks.

10. Rids

Rids Member

So after all the smoke clears this is really what the Capitals had a problem with.

[​IMG]

Truthfully this is a return to their history as they were originally the Winnipeg Jets back before they were even the Calgary Wranglers.

http://www.lethbridgehurricanes.com/art ... 3rd-jersey

City of Lethbridge history with the Hawker Hurricane
    http://www.globallethbridge.com/city+to ... story.html

11. iso_55

iso_55 Member

They were the Winnipeg Jets, the Winnipeg Junior Jets, Winnipeg Clubs, Moose Jaw Warriors & Lethbridge Hurricanes.

12. Christoph

Christoph Member

The Hurricanes do seem to have had a bit of a knack for getting themselves into hot water with their jerseys and logos over the years. Several years ago now they were warned by Warner Bros to stop using a logo that bore a striking resemblance to the Tasmanian Devil.

[​IMG]

I think they had a far stronger case than the Capitals and in fact the similarities with Taz were so strong that I once thought they must have been using the character with permission!

13. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Really dig the new logo - we make the trip down to Lethbridge every year for the airshow, so maybe that's why it just works for me. That and it's a "classy" look, not some over the top cartoon logo.