Linebacker Super Thread: Who will emerge from the fray as starters?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Christoph, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

So with a little bit of the research done for you (below), I will now issue my challenge. Predict who the three opening day starters will be at linebacker for the Stamps.

I personally am going to go with the following:
    WIL....................................MLB.................................SAM
    Malik Jackson...............JuWan Simpson.................Demitrice Morley

My reasoning is simple. As reported above, Simpson and Jackson continue to hit the field together with the #1 unit and Morley, although he's had some health issues in camp, would appear to be the clear cut best coverage 'backer on the team owing to his experience at DB.

However I would love to see this combination:
    JuWan Simpson..............Robert McCune..................Demitrice Morley

Again my reasoning is simple. Simpson has never really been a tackling force whereas McCune, as he has so often bean described, is an absolute beast. Simpson has the versatility to play WIL and I think his athleticism would serve him well over there. Also, Jackson's play really dropped off at that position last year.

It's definitely going to be a battle and odds are a very good player, perhaps even a former CFL starter, will be cut. But now it's your turn. Make your call! (and back it up. ;))

'Back in business

No ordinary Joe

Simpson, Lobendahn in fierce linebacker battle

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

Well since Deron Mayo put in a performance so spectacular it couldn't be ignored, I've added him to the list. In fact the new starting lineup I'm leaning towards would be Deron Mayo-Juwan Simpson- Demitrice Morley. That in my opinion would be as athletic a trio as anyone in the league could boast.

3. Flash

Flash Member

Looks like the voters like JuWan

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Man, gonna miss McCune. The dude was a beast.

5. Christoph

Christoph Member

Mayo too. He already has more votes than incumbent weak side linebacker Malik Jackson. I think Mayo would be perfect for that spot.