Lions vs. Bombers (pre-game predictions)

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Looking forward to the Bombers unveiling their "new" offense under The Crow (OC Gary Crowton)......lets see how B Pierce survives under intense pressure with his pre-season/green o-line, new centre, mediocres like Greaves and Morley at guards.

Also, if Timbo Splice's (Burke, Tim) vaunted defense can survive the 'Lulay Effect'.....

My guess is the bombers will put up a tough struggle for a quarter, perhaps 20 minutes before Wally's superior charges start imposing their will on the discombulated Wpgs. As per the form chart, wpg will see some key gains wiped out by undisciplined penalties and the Lions will overcome a sluggish start to ride out a near-squash of the bombers.

Of course, the bombers have some built-in excuses available. No Chris Garret, new centre/QB relationship, no monster in the middle (JoLo), putrid punter, average FG kicker, short kickoffs, the usual suspects.

On a positive note the bombers radio station, CJOB have decided to NOT scrimp on the opening game cast, meaning Diamond Dougie Brown will be travelling with Bob Irving and providing color on the radio. Thats a really good thing as Brown is quickly developing into a HUGE media star in Canada and CJOB wants to take advantage of his popularity while they can.

My quarter scores
    Q1 - BC 6, Wpg 3
    Q2 - BC 16, Wpg 6
    Q3 - BC 23, Wpg 7
    Q4 - BC 31, Wpg 14

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going with grey cup game repeat BC 34 Wpg 23 just to rub it in for taking our precious east trophy away.

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

I'll go with Winnipeg 17, Superman 14.

Unfortunately for Winnipeg, Superman's teammates will also score a good 20 points themselves.

BC 34 - Wpg 17

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

arland bruce predicting an 18-0 season for the lions. gotta love the guy. not.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Just for reading THAT I hope the Bombers kick the Lions ass.

6. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I'm using this as the game thread.

Stay classy, Arland.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Looks like the FNF thread is the official game thread, SR...

8. Rids

Rids Member

Wow Bronko's halftime score is pretty close! Good work Bronks!

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

survived only one half. will we see him in montreal?

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Pierce is giving us the usual Buk-yap about being in Montreal but thats just the warrior inside the shell of a man.

Plop is a bit more circumspect, opting for the standard 'we'l be evaluating him' yap...
    Even when Bukstench was 100% he wasn't very good - worst QB performance of opening weekend ------ AC was slightly ahead and AC managed to survive entire match.

Anyways, I'll be spotty for the next couple weeks. My mom passed away and I've gotta close out her apartment. Taking way longer than I thought.

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

My condolences. I figured it had to be something for you to have missed all the bombers,ticats,argos and als' ploppy play.

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I just read your post from a few minutes ago and offer you my sincere condolences as well, Bronks.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your sad news.

My own mother is elderly and her health is now precarious, which has caused me to make several recent trips down to Calgary to assist my siblings with trying to manage her care...

TM

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

Appreciate all the good thoughts gents - my mother suffered her last few years with a combination of dementia and c/r cancer - bad combo I can assure. But with respite care, homecare and my participation she trudged on, still able to read books and the daily paper, able to consume my breakfasts and suppers and able to travail a couple 100 yds a day with assistance. I called her my /Awkward Angel/....

She loved to watch CFL - cuz of me, I suspect and her favourites over the years

Dave "OrangeMouth" Ritchie, Milt, Plop(she called him Plorky), Tiny Roberts, Wally, Dunigan, John Wells.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Two worst QB performances this weekend - AC, Buk, Henri.....

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

There's my boy. This friday's game will be dedicated to her. I won't mind losing.