Locker Room Blog: Bauman

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Bauman: Learning and then doing
    http://stampeders.com/article/bauman-le ... then-doing

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

"I've got nothing to prove to anyone other than to myself". Hate to pick up on just one sentence from the entire article BUT... Bauman has a lot to prove to everyone as he is close to being a draft bust. He's been paid & is still being paid well for a guy who has underperformed since the day he was drafted first overall by the Ti Cats. If he had been an American receiver he'd have run out of chances years ago & sent packing.
    It's okay for him to play with an attitude but he shouldn't play with a chip on his shoulder. Like he blames the media & fans for the fact he has never lived up to expectations. When he drops a pass that should be caught, whose fault is that?? Now that he is a Stampeder, I obviously want him to do well. To become a great Canadian receiver. The kind of player that the scouts & fans thought he'd become when he was drafted. But saying things like that in a blog doesn't help him. Best to say nothing at all sometimes. Just go about his business in silence & get the job done.