Lyle E Style's Riders Thread - - -

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Getting perma-locked over at dirtfarmer.com might be the best thing yet. Now, CFL fans can have a place of decency to voice opinions on Tennessee Corky going to DF.com

Lots of intrigue now that Corky ditched Ed the Sock's legendary Schmoes to pig out on Craig Reynolds big offer ($650k to $750k/yr for 3 or 4 yr guarantee)

Even DF posters are welcome to post on this thread, disgruntled ones or not. But they should be aware this is a civil place vs. that other place (more like Alabama of the 40s & 50s, with a supremist governor)

Mods just have to watch a bit for liars, coffee-fetches, blind-faith followers and pure haters like Crappcam from that other site.

Right now the bombers aren't really worth watching. They're deadbeats - much like 60% of the posters on DF.com so no point pointing that out every day. Wadzilla has turned into a 5'6", 320 lb. simon legree CEO, Walters is still green as grass although like a good parrot he's learned a few good CFL phrases and O'Shea is as unstable as it gets for a CFL head coach (right up there with Sgt. Slaughter, Greg Marshall, Jebb Tedford, Hawkins, Chump Chamblin, Bob Dyce, Maggot Kelly, Mavis Reed, etc.

Chris Jones will grab at least five schmoes off their active roster, OC Steve McAdoo, and some other coaches. Long-term plan is to re-unite with Mike Reilly at the earliest opportunity.

Frankly, don't think the riders (even with Corkdini at the helm) will finish any better than 9-9 next year but that should be able to re-invigorate the lost soul fanbase to sell out the new stadium for a couple years to come. Remember, in the land of lost souls Corky Jones 86.5 IQ is genius - PURE SHEER GENIUS! All Sask'n churches should have a large pic of Corky the God at their entrance!!!

And now I declare this thread officially OPEN....

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't see Jones winning any cups there but you are right in that the team should be better to watch over the next few years than last year's putrid crop.

The bombers need one more year of ineptness before the fans and maybe even the government finally turn on them and maybe pick off say a kent Austin and his staff after his time in cat land is done.

Jayman likes this.
  3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Off-season is just the best in bomberland. Tendency to go undefeated almost every off-season - then June hits and sheer dread starts again . . . .

4. Jayman

Jayman Member

Now wait a minute, my Bombers have made all the right moves recently and they will be back;
    Didn't our 3 minute warning @ The Cup show you the positive field admin moves we've made? OK, our 3:29 minute warning…..
    As we speak the significant cracking in most all IGF surface concrete is being chopped out and replaced. C'mon, even in Ottawa concrete can't be expected to last four years!!
    And, as promised, The GC, The Engineer, The Artichoke and or all of the above's insurance may well pay for some of that, probably, for sure, we hope.
    With the loot scored from Grey Can "ten buck beers" The Bored can again make even more substantial moves forward. As just one example I have it on good authority they are now able to offer CJOB even a lesser amount to carry the games.
    New sponsorships are in place, BFI and /or Waste Management are rumoured to be offering pump out services contra to lower bowl tickets!!
    MOS has now watched the film and determined the beer cup snake must stay! His coaching staff is unavailable to comment.
    Bronks, I admit there are some doubters. Kijijii does have the south end zone available for game three on a "make us an offer" label, but thats probably just Wad's sense of humour.

This year, for sure, probably, we hope.

5. Jayman

Jayman Member

Deuv's you got that right, "one more year"……………..

6. Jayman

Jayman Member

Bronks, i gotta hand it 2 u, getting at least 265 posts ranting on u, now thats kicking the bee hive!!

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

I must admit the Tennessee Corky press conference is really fun. Corky espousing on his hi-school and NCAA history is something I didn't know. Riders landed a big fish - and the fact they did it at the expense of the arch-enemy schmoes adds to the intrigue. Jones showing more personality as rider head coach/GM than I've ever seen before from him.
    Question asked about Jeremiah O'Day but Reynolds sluffed the question off to Corky - and Corky said he's gonna sit down with O'Day and see what his favourite brand of coffee is (VP of Coffee Fetching)

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

you gotta wonder what the reception for jones will be when the riders show up at commonwealth next year.

a mixture of greetings and shoes I gather.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Corky instantly becomes one of the 3 smartest peeps in Wheatard Nation

Right up there in the 90 to 94 IQ stratosphere with well knowns like Premier Brad Wall and curling announcer Joan McCusker. My old curling bud Chuck Pachkowsky is close at somewhere between 85 and 88.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Lemming factor riding an all-time high in Wheatard Nation - new rider mascot is 'The Green Lemming'

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

Wadzilla, Presidente and Chief Bonobo in bomber town is sweating thru his 9 various orifices as Corky makes his way within 300 miles of Winnipeg - Corky Jones, of course famous for his Cherry Bomb (Juice) cocktails that he feeds his players and staff. Hope Durant don't pull his shoulder taking his first up of cherry juice?

12. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

long as it's not this kind of cherry juice....