Lynch Mobs Forming in Regina, Calgary

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Noose-fitting parties are being held simultaneously in Regina & Calgary today.

Prime candidates in Regina are Richie Hall (he's been fitted many times before), Darian Durant (the man with the bad body language) and Bobby Dyce (a wpg. castoff who is actually their OC ahead of legendary Khari Jones)

In Calgary the mob is more diverse.

I don't know who the 3 pak would be but obviously any Calgary list would have to include Lyle Bauer, Kevin Glenn, Doorknobs (Forzani), a couple position coaches. Did I miss anyone?

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

Frankly I think both Calgary and Sask'n will stubborn it out. Thats the form chart and besides Sask is 3-2 and Cal is 2-3; all bets are off if Cal moves to 2-5, Sask loses two more in a row and moves to 3-4....

Sask might trade out Bobby Dyce for Khari Jones as OC

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

lose by one point or lose by 26 it comes to the same. the tragedy of football.

4. IC Khari

IC Khari Member

Not sure about the Stamps but I concur that the Riders will be 3 - 4 after their next two road games (in Edm and BC).

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Cornish for publicly attacking in the media & finger pointing to his offensive line blaming them for his personal running average not being where he'd like it to be. Criticizing them for not opening holes but all the while saying he was satisfied with the way he played. Wasn't his fault the Stamps lost, according to Cornish.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Corniche has to use his get out of jail free pass (he might have one more left) for the abuse he wreaked on his team after the loss.
    He's the best running back the team has, he's a canuck and he's very frustrated.
    Working behind a below average o-line will do that to you!

So I don't think the lynch mobs are fitting him, yet!

However, he needs to perform, not to talk!

TALK - ACTION = ZERO

7. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I must say this season is unraveling for the Stamps rather quickly. Hopefully with the bye week they can correct some issues, however, I am not confident heading into the next few games. I can easily see the Stamps by labour day 2-6. Without a running back and O-line, the game of football becomes very difficult to win. In particular, our Canadian talent appears to be very sub-par this season. What worries me the most is that a player like Forzani is only in the lineup because the player we drafted last season cannot even surpass him on the depth chart.
    Execution is the basic fundamental of football and right now Calgary needs to find some players who can do it. After last nights game was a good indication which team can execute and which team needs to go back to the basics and fundamentals.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yes, you are right. One of the things we continually do in the off season is never sign any FA's from other teams. We sit on the sidelines seemingly content with the players we have... Well, we have to be proactive recriting. We haven't done so since we signed Hank & Cope in February of 2008.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

If you piss off your super fans enough (those who spend time watching practices, going on boards, following all info on the team) you'll eventually piss off the fans you don't want to - the LEMMINGS - the vast majority of your fanbase who keep pouring money into the program until they see you're not chasing down free agents, upgrading positionally (QB, RB) and dressing inferior product due to executive connections (Forzana, Etienne, etc.)

27,000 crowd count should be a clarion call to the Flames owners to light a fire under Huffer and his on-field staff.

Bombers have several get outta jail cards, including next season's big year in the new jailhouse...and the traditional one about SELLING HOPE! We only need 1 W every 2 to 4 games to sustain HOPE....

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Alex Brink gives the Bombers hope, Nate. I was fairly confident about the Stamps before the BC game, now I don't know. The Stamps better get their act together on offense & fast. Some guys may need a wake up call.

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

When are the stamps scheduled to play the bombers again?

Seems Plop-Ball is a cure for what ails ya in the CFL - Bombers somehow make every team look good in various areas. Cornish would probably ravage the bombers for 75 to 85 yds rushing and hail himself the conquering gamehen.

Some major questions now about Dickenson. He doesn't seem to have a clue how to use Glenn properly. Glenn says he can do everything but he's obviously unable to roll out and cut downfield for those 10 to 30 yd romps Hank used to. That alone takes incredible pressure and responsibility off defenses. Glenn is usually a field mope like Ray (not showing emotion) but he tends to fireball his passes once he's had a few failures and his balls seem hard to handle....

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I do have a problem with jive talking head & assistant coaches as well as GMs (Roy Shivers) flapping their gums & we seem to be seeing more of it in the CFL. Must be the sign of the times.
    Maybe 30 or 40 years ago, this kind of stuff went on behind closed doors. If it did it was never in front of the media or public. But Corey Chamblin talking trash after the Riders beat the Ti Cats with the cameras on him going "MEEEOOWWWW" was classless. Especially when he coached in Hamilton in 2011. I always thought that head coaches set the standard for the rest of the team to follow. Nothing wrong with being excited & happy after a win but as a HC show respect for an opponent. Guess I am Old School.
    Can't see Eagle Keys, Jim Spavital, Russ Jackson, Frank Clair, Joe Restic, Mike Riley, Sam Etcheverry, Dave Skrien or Bud Grant ever saying "MEEEEOWWW!!"

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

And I don't think Plop (aka Porky Pigg) has ever uttered "Thats all, Folks!" after the bombers have put away the enemy.....

14. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Could you see Bill Belichek do something like that?? Or Tony Dungee? MEOOOWWW!!! I could see Jim Harbaugh doing it... Although he'd not like it done to his team...

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

Schwartz & Harbaugh - best comedy team in the NFL....

Harbaugh almost destroyed Schwartz with that back-slap last year, remember?

16. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Schwartz is a tool. He can act like a moron on the sidelines but when someone does it to him, he gets pissed... That it was Harbaugh was classic.

17. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

No but it would be priceless PVR material.

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

with an 'a-badee badee badee' for good measure.

19. Christoph

Christoph Member

Larry Taylor?

Okay so that's not much of a rebuttal is it, when he's the only other guy I can think of?

20. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yeah, Larry was a big signing, I will admit that. He is missed in Montreal, isn't he deuvl??? ;)