Mack & Lapolice Gooned by Local Sportswriter

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Gary "Gooner" Lawless just took a shovel and pitchfork to the carcasses of Paul LaPolice and Drowsy Joe Mack. Only thing Gooner didn't do while literally beating these two execs black 'n blue is invoke the ultimate insults - Call LaPolice PLOP and Mack DROWSY JOE...

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 82686.html

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

btw - I'm thinking the bombers come thru with a narrow W over the Hammsters Thursday.

The infection has reached boil size status and sooner or later must explode.

Joey Elliott will solve the bombers slow stars, get us off to a 14-0 lead before Tabbies know what hit 'em and bombers will somehow stumble and putter to a tight 22-20 win before Hercules Cortez & his boy blunder (Hankenstank) know what hit them. (Mack truck, perhaps??)

This will be the first bomber game in 9 or 10 outings that won't be sold out - as Lawless points out - there are 4,500+ ducats available for the game and the team, despite some frantic pleas from its all-white front office won't be able to sell them all in such a short time.

Despite the W, it will only mask serious problems and by virtue of moving the Bombers to 1 game behind Hammy in the standings IT SHOULD BUY THE BIG WHITE (errr, BIG BLUE) another 3 game stay of execution! (ie. if you parse out your wins at the right stages of the season you can actually make your way to a reprieve)

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe we got out of winnipeg in the nick of time. Never an easy place to win no matter how bad the home team is. Ticats are a conundrum team.

4. IC Khari

IC Khari Member

or ... Joey Elliott does great and becomes the next star QB in this league ... can always hope :p

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I am sure the Bomber faithful will come down hard on Lawless for this column but it is true. This team is Joe Mack's baby & he should be held accountable.
    A lot of Bomber fans are preaching patience as the team is rebuilding. However, another four or five losses & the same fans who preach patience will be up in arms. Mack still has the confidence of a lot of Bomber fans but give it another month if things don't change.
    As for LaPolice? Nobody really knows what kind of a coach he is. How can you judge someone who went 4-14 his first year, jumped off to a 7-1 start the first half of last year & then had the team fall off the face of the Earth the second half of last season followed by a 1-5 mark this year???
    My Spidey Sense tells me that LaPo is a better OC than HC & that the Bombers could do better with a different guy in charge on the sidelines. But then again, they could do much better with a different GM as well than Mack. Someone who actually is proactive signing players & drafting Canadians. Not someone content to sit on his ass doing virtually nothing & leaving his HC flapping in the wind.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers lost a lot of fire 'n heart when Richard Harris passed away in his office last year. Retirement of Brown, mis-handling Khan, letting Lobendhan go too soon, cutting Clark Kent, losing out on the Labatte auction, letting a solid backup DT in Donny O go, keeping professional cancers like Jovo JOhnson and Hefney around, bringing in a rube like Crowton as OC - just a huge mishandle of the team. And for every botch on the field they've done two off the field with their schedule, construction timelines of new facility, no free agents, etc.

I'm cheering just as hard for Joey Elliott as I am for Obby Khan. If Elliott can produce two or 3 straight wins, they'll erect a statue of him in Wpg.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Elliott is very inexperienced plus he lost an entire year with his knee injury. I'm not expecting much nor do I think he finishes the game. Brink will come in for him in relief, I believe.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'm predictin' Pal Joey injects some early spice into the bomber offense and the bombers set out to an early 14-0 lead before Cortez knows what hits him. The Ticats might rally to tie or lead the bombers but I think the Bomb squad could hang on for a tight 2 pt W.... gives them a 2 or 3 game reprieve before any personnel carnage.

10. Rids

Rids Member

Heard from a Pegger that a loss this week may see a couple of offices getting cleaned out. We'll see if Paul and Joe survive or if the team hears the rumors and rises to the challenge.

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

guess they never heard of the 1-6 2011 bc lions

Faded winnipeg caps on sale for only 10 dollars on game day tomorrow. Bad omen?

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Only way Plop's office gets cleaned out is if the team gets stoned somethin' fierce, perhaps 50-3 or somesuch and they quit in front of the 27,000 gathered plus the coaching staff. In essence, the players quit on themselves but as the old saying goes, you can't fire 50 players so you make the traditional symbolic sacrifice of the head coach.

There would have to be some unusual circumstances for board of directors to intervene and have security remove both Mack & Lapolice from the building.

If bombers win or lose tight, there'll be a 2 or 3 game reprieve no matter what.

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Too early in the season for firings... But the end of the year, expect it.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Bombers have some extreme obvious holes. Other than the obvious deficiency in coaching they are short at least one tried and tested linebacker, they have absolutely no canadian depth in safety, WR or running back and their qb situation is a bit of a fraud where guys like Brink & Pierce are vastly overrated. Remember, Pierce's current injury came cuz he couldn't outrun a 350 lb. turtle named Teddy St. Laurent. Pierce & Brink barely have 50% accuracy which is a sure-fire way to go 2 and out in our league.