Matt Cooke Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bronko, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

I think Matt Cooke should be supsended a minimum 10 games and the Penguins (one of my favourite teams) should give up a 3rd round draft pick for Cooke's actions.

Some say it was a total accident.

Just one thought.

Why did Cooke raise his left leg at least a foot off the ice and then come down when he came in close contact to Karlson?

Most guys don't raise their really sharp skate blades unless they're set off balance by a check or someone roughing them up.

Cooke's motion, imho was purposeful. He ended up cannibalizing one of (if not the best) d-man in the league.

Suspension is in order. Loss of a draft pick, too!

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Not according to the NHL... Never saw the incident so I can't comment.

3. Rids

Rids Member

4. Jayman

Jayman Member

I really thought he had reformed, then i watch this.
    What really annoys me is he's working for Mario, the NhL's self proclaimed Mr. Clean.
    A buck says the Jets give him a free ride tonight.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Wow, you kidding me? HOW is that not a suspension??? That was deliberate. Someone should shove a stick in his face & take out his eye & claim it was accidental. This guy has a history of being a moron & a douchebag. That is terrible.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

You are correct sir.

If the same situation had been reversed and Sid been the victim, the Penguin ownership and management would be screaming blue murder. But since it was their boy that perped the thing, they play it cool.

Cooke raised his leg at least 20 - 24 inches off the ice before coming down CHOP CHOP on Karlson. He knew what he was doing. The problem now is that nobody is gonna take on Cooke cuz that would garner a suspension (the only thing that invalidates a long-term guaranteed contract)

The Pens (my favourite team cuz of Sid and sid alone) have become infamous for doing some bad things. The worst thing they do is not provide sid with an on-ice enforcer.

They were lucky to be playing meek jets tonite. Crosby hardly got touched and Cooke was floating anywhere he wants as the Jets don't enjoy bodily contact - they just like cashing their guaranteed cheques.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

sorry but i'm 50-50 on this one. Cooke's head was to the right the whole time as he was being pushed away during the play. Cooke might have been deliberate but to do it without ever looking at the player is pretty hard to accomplish.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Looking away was a master stroke by Kayzer Soze - however, the players were fairly close on the boards - and Cooke still has peripheral vision, doesn't he?

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

His head was turned away the whole time so if he was aiming in the dark kudos for not missing the mark. (oo that rhymed)

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Cooke can never be retaliated against. He's got Rat-Vision, and he veers away from potential contact well before it happens. But he does those subtle rat-like things to opponents. That won't stop. The tiny troll who runs the league says so.

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

That's an insult to trolls.