News Maver gambles that he'll stay

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Tundra Mustang, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Maver and the media, too, know that he's potentially in Ottawa's cross-hairs:

With draft looming, Maver gambles on rental lease

Rob Maver will be one of the happiest people to have Monday over and done with.

“Put it this way,” the Calgary Stampeders’ punter explained, “my lease expires this month and I almost had to go back and live with my dad because three rentals fell through because people read about the expansion draft and didn’t want to rent to me.

“It hits home . . . or lack thereof . . . pretty closely.”

When the Ottawa Redblacks hold their expansion draft, beginning at 9 a.m. MST on Monday, the other teams around the CFL will find themselves minus some major talent. One of those names that have been bandied about is that of Maver, Calgary’s all-star punter. When Ottawa plucks a quarterback from a team, however, they can’t touch the kickers and both Kevin Glenn and Drew Tate have been mentioned as attractive options for the Redblacks.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/football/Even with Canadian Football League/9289933/story.html

In a few hours we'll find out whether next season we're starting a new punter on 3rd down, or whether we'll be auditioning a new 3rd QB on the roster. ;)

TM

Tags: