Mitchell won't report to Toronto

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Wally will put the guy into football purgatory. He will let him rot. You donn't mess with Buono. Kirby Fabien is pushing the envelope with him.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Guy has got the right to retire. Powerful d-lineman. Lots of o-linemen and QBs will be glad of it. Probably posturing for some moving and re-location cost, maybe getting salary jacked up by $5,000 to $10,000 for going to TO.

Or just the ability to miss camp and start slow.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

"Lord, I was born a 'ramblin' man,
    tryin' to make a livin',
    And doin' the best I can...(as long as it's in the 'West coast time zone')"

Man, that interview just went all over the place. :p

I'm left to wonder whether the 'business opportunity' was the same natural health supplement operation that Anwar Stewart was touting just before he signed up with Calgary last fall...?

TM

5. Rids

Rids Member

Re-location costs for traded players are set by the CBA.

6. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

According to Naylors talk on TSN radio, Mitchell received a hefty signing bonus last year to keep him in BC rather than heading to Miami.......the second year of the contract shows a big drop in pay. So I wonder if he would have reported to any team this year ...... and his "business" is the excuse.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Guy wants more money. Can or will the Argos ante up? We will see, I guess.

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

Guy has some problems in the mal-ware from his head, if you get my drift. But most CFL teams would rather have a psychopath who can dominate the line of scrimmage, even if Mitchell takes plays off. Only team that tries to keep things lilly white and arrow smooth is Winnipeg, but thats a different story. Winnipeg likes their mopes to be disenchanted mediocre QBs who can't hit targets, escape pursuit or improvise success. Lot easier to deal with that than a crazed man without a plan.

I suspect Edmonton or Calgary will make a pitch for him (with increased money). Regina might take a flyer cuz he would really, really make that team better. But you better have a couple of police-men on your roster when you bring The Great Khali into your camp.