Nashville Flooding Again

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Rids, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Here we go again. The rain has stopped in my part of town right now but it's scheduled to rain again tomorrow and Saturday.

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

spread the 'whatever it takes' motto idea down south.

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Is it strictly the rain causing this? River nearby overflowing?

4. Rids

Rids Member

This was a flash flood in a creek system caused by rain. Ironically "Dry Creek" was one of the ones to overflow.

Middle Tennessee is basically two inches of dirt on top of 2 inches of clay which is on top of rock. It doesn't take a lot to saturate that and this has been a full summer of rain without the usual hot/dry stretch that dries up the land. The farm land in the valleys are made up of really rich black soil but the hill sections are so rocky that they use TNT to blast out enough of the ground to make a house foundation that goes down a foot. No basements because of the rock.

Madison, where the flooding was the worst, had over 7 inches of rain.

5. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

Has the Grand Ol' Opry and the warehouse with that huge amount of vintage and famous guitars been flooded again Rids? I was there in 2010 after the floods and the Opry was locked down like Fort Knox. Thank god Tootsies was open though.

Having been in Calgary and having many friends have their homes severely damaged, my sincere best wishes to you and Jessica for no damage to your home.

6. Rids

Rids Member

No the area around Opry Mills has been ok. The Cumberland River has risen but not the trouble spot this time around.

My wife was here during the May 2010 floods and this isn't even a quarter of that but the areas that got it are in rough shape. Madison and Mt. Juliet will have a lot of clean up to do this weekend.

7. Flash

Flash Member

Quit yer whining and lets go to the pool