Never Been so Embarrassed

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Last night has to rank as one of the all-time worst bomber embarrassments, ranking right up there with the following:

1. Cal Murphy's last game - the 68-5 thrashing at the hands of Edmonton in a playoff event, where Cal just looked like a lost ghoul on the sidelines with his hoody drawn down!

2. 1969

3. Lord Lyle's Waste of a Decade

4. 1964

5. The Reinbold Year

6. Magic Mike/Lord Lyle's year of absolute insanity

7. Jim Daley's arrival

8. Losing the 1972 Western final to Sask after Jonas took us up 21-7 at the half.

9. The drafting of Jade Etienne, Esq.

10. Bombers continued dependcy of rostering injured and broken retreads from other teams (guys who break upon arrival, guys like Iain Logan, Buk Pierce, Brady Browne, Tyson Pencer, Joe Lobendahn, Andre Douglas, several more)

11. The current lax training & physical conditioning program in Bomberville.

12. Bomber CEO Garth Buchko, a glorified fan does a 'Jeff Reinbold Powerpoint' on the board and ascends to CEO.

13. Lyle Bauer hiring possees to chase me down in the stadium.

14. Lyle Bauer threatening me with physical violence for asking hard questions about bomber policy & salaries.

15. Reinbold Firing Joe Paopao for his shortcomings.

16. A piece of trash named Ken BIshop calling Kenny Ploen a liar, and a talk show ghoul named Charles Adler confronting Ploen on his show and doing same.

17. Maggot Kelly, Lyle & John Murphy trying (and coming darn close) to bringing that american trouble-maker DB (Adam something or rather) into bomber camp but a couple straight arrow board members putting a kibosh to it (ie. threatening to fire Lyle & Kelly on the spot)

Other than that - Grey Cup every year baby!!!!!

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I remember that first one in 1996. I was just getting interested again in the league and then i witness that horror.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Back to last nite's sordid affair. I just knew Plop wouldn't have his charges prepared and Mtl despiite their travel ordeal looked crisp and sharp most of the nite - surviving Reinbold's insipid defensive coaching.

Deslauriers juking by our guy West, what an embarrassment. Deslauriers shouldn't be able to juke Doug Brown, let alone a speedy 5'10" 175 lb. DB/Safety???? Kid looked like Westwood out there, trying to avoid contact and just assume the chase position, showcasing his pursuit speed!

The undicsciplined penalties of Alex Hall, Justine Sorenson and such that negated big gains for the bombers.

Our running back 5 having a great game but deciding to wash off a block for his QB and almost getting his QB an early casket. (at least Ploppy banned him for the balance of the game and created a minor controversy where SImpson may not want to play for the team anymore)

Never seen more guys open than last night. Guys weren't 3 or 4 yds open - they were 10-15 yds open and AC was laughing at the incompetence of the bomber d, absolutely laughing!

Bomber o-line simply quitting on blocks and letting defenders hammer our QB. Brittle Buck would have been injured at least a half dozen times last night vs. the tough guy, Al Brink.

Plop refusing to go to Elliott in garbage time, just to get our #2 a bit extra game reps against a #1 unit, instead letting Brink score a couple meaningless ones in the last few minutes.

Plop refusing to assign a man to scare up AC, instead just bellowing at a couple deaf refs for the head to head assault on Brink. I'm not saying you assault AC 3 seconds after a play ends - but you gotta send a message. The only message Plop sends out is 'I'm fielding a soft team, come get us!'

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad we're done for a couple of months. another sellout. always fun to see the bomber crowd get pumped up then let down.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I think the masses aren't totally shocked shocked being 1-5. Deep down Bomber fans sensed this season could go sideways & it sure did... Joe Mack doesn't look like the genius a lot of Bomber fans thought he was... He has his hands fully in this mess & he created it... Sad state of affairs...

6. Rusty

Rusty Member

How did the military folks look? I helped set that up. I heard they got pretty wet. Lol. I am sure I will hear about that from some of the troops I picked to participate in the fan tunnel and holding the flag. Oh well.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

DROWSY JOE checked out of Wpg Stadium before the 4th quarter ended - - - - a couple of Wpg Sun reporters were enraged that Mack was ducking them for answers to typical unanswerable questions. (Captain Kirk Penton & The Lawman, Gary Lawless)

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

they must have transporter beams at key locations in the stadium. been using them for years.

9. Bronko

Bronko Member

Plop would like to know where you could get one of them there transporter beams?

I still miss the good 'ol days when Diamond David Asper was thrashing the verbal bejeebers out of Lyle Bauer on National TV - til Bauer found access to the transporter! Remember that one deuvy?

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

They must have been malfunctioning with all the lightning and thunderstorms. It has the effect of splitting personalities as in star trek. Plop needs to reunite with his darker side, the one that helps make decisions. Somewhere there is a rabid plop roaming the streets of winnipeg. :p

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

If Plop was too full of cowardice (apparently the guy is a massive coward) to assign a future non-player (cut) to leave a mark on ACEE, he should have assigned an offensive lineman (none of who are going to be permanent fixtures in WPg. anyways) to put on a 'Chop Block' on the offending als player. In the days of Bobo McNeill or Brandon Dyson the job would have been done without even asking. (and the only penalty would have been a 10 or 15 yd flag)

Trestman & Rowdy Roddy Reinbold are laughing how easily they got away with it - IN THE BOMBERS FRIGGIN' YARD!

If that were Buck he would have been outta football for 3 or 4 years, the hit was that ferocious. Make that 30 or 40 years!

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

He's thinking far too much about all the PLOPPABILITIES!

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nate, I didn't see the game as I was on the road at the time on my way to Spokane, Washington... You really are going after LaPolice here. I'm not defending the guy as a great coach. He isn't but he can be a winning coach for us, but jeezus man, go after the real problem here, the guy that put this team together... The guy that made draft decisions like Etienne & Pencer, the decision to totally stay out of FA when we lost 3/5 of our OL, the guy that cut & dealt away veteran players... The guy whose fingers are all over the way this team is now. I'm talking about Joe Mack. Mack is the problem, not LaPolice. Mack created this mess. The thing about Mack is that there are Bomber fans who still give him a pass blaming the teams problems (STILL!!!) on Mike Kelly. Mike Kelly was the HC in 2009, three freaking years ago... Or the injuries. Sorry, every team deals with injuries. Thing of it is, we knew Buck would get hurt & for some reason, there was no compelling reason to upgrade the qb position. Just sign the guys the Bombers already had after they showed very little as players. I mean, no wonder all 3 qbs signed. They probably couldn't believe their great fortune that Mack wanted them all back!! Then, to blow the teams wad on one position (qb) & not try to recruit at others? Couple that with the incompetence of the stadium fiasco starting the first 4 games on the road & the perfect storm began to brew. If things don't change fast, this is going to be a 3-15 team. And the rebuild will continue. But cut LaPo some slack. Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Frank Clair, Wally Buono or Bill Belichek couldn't win in Winnipeg the way the organization is run.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

I see what your saying but a few inspired decisions by Plop and he might have stolen that game from Montreal. Paul is by no means a genius coach in the calibre of Bellichek, Grant, Joe Gibbs, Spurrier, Buono, Lombardi, Shula, Timlin, Trestman, etc. but sadly he's not even in the top 50% of coaches. A supremely nice man (which keeps him employed cuz he's tremendous in the community) he lacks any kind of motivational formula, his gameplans are scratched within a quarter of game time and he really works with a 25 second clock while the league works with 20.

But I'm now seeing more clearly your many points about Blind Joe Mack (note the change of nickname from Drowsy Joe to Blind Joe). The Etienne & Pencer snatches were unadulterated acts of a madman. If Plop could have stopped him I'm sure he would. No wonder guys like Dyce, Labatte, Carr wanted out of Winnipeg, that Khan retired prematurely and that Brown wants nothing to do with the current management (other than be a broadcaster)

15. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

also you can't condemn the man without ploppable cause. I'm sure there is no intent so you can rule out first-degree bumbling. :D

16. Rids

Rids Member

iso you can watch the game on TSN.ca in the CFL on Demand section.

17. iso_55

iso_55 Member

My schedule is go go go, Rids... Lots of things going on. I probably won't have time to find any CFL games while I am down here. As far as using Steve Spurrier as an example... That was a bad one. LaPo works hard... Spurrier didn't. When he was in Washington he would use any excuse to get onto the golf course during the season. He became a nine to fiver.... He could get away with it at Florida but not in the NFL... Which is why he was fired & never worked in the NFL after... I would imagine he's back at it with South Carolina. Imagine a head coach with no work ethic. That is the knock on Spurrier.

18. Bronko

Bronko Member

Trap catch rat!!!!:D

Perhaps I shoulda used Dick Vermiel, Dick Lebeau or Hank Stram? Plus those two great ones from San Fran.

Still don't think PloP is head coach material but it would take a bold move for the bomber board & Joe Lazy to replace him before the year is out!

19. Bronko

Bronko Member

Just a few more Plop-Facts.
    1. His first year as a head coach he went 4-14; team still had hall of famers like Doug Brown, Obby Khan, January still had strength/power, defense under Kavis Reid and Big Rich was loaded with guys like Philip Hunt, Jovon Johnson, Hefney, Wilis, Dorian Smith, Donny O, etc. EXCUSES: He was trying to clean up the Mike Kelly/Lyle mess, more than half the losses were tight and Plop was still trying to find a head-coaching style.

2. Second year he lost guys like Hunt, Brown was on his last legs, Mack decided to bring Buckingham Pierce into camp after Wally had stamped him useless. Great first half of season, off to 7-1 start, Swaggerville Circus came to town, Pierce fought thru injuries, bombers crashed second half but managed to swerve Hammy in the east final (beat Kev Glenn, WOW!!!). Grey Cup appearance tempered by a vicious stomping by Wally in his last coaching game. Plop was still lost in space many times during second half, his offensive game plans with Jamie Barresi were useless at best and Buck couldn't improvise down the stretch. HOPE SPRUNG ETERNAL but it showed MANY LEAKS...

3. Year 3 - Blind Joe doesn't go after free agents, dumps Lobendhan, Reid, Khan, Willis, Clark Kent, Donny O. Decides 2 inexperienced canadians can suddenly rotate in as all-star MLBs, loses Labatte to home cooking, lets Carr walk to Edmonton; then Plop conducts a soft training camp, trainers are nowhere to be found (other than getting complimented for service on local radio), Tim Burke's swag or stink defense, most stinks - - - Plop brings in a major NCAA OC (The Crow) who can't figure out CFL defenses and team off to worse start than Plop's inauguaral 4-14 season.

Frankly, Plop is sworn to eternal secrecy under bomber code even if he thinks Blind Mack is providing inferior and injured stock in the player dept. Plop always says you can't use injuries as an excuse but he's breaking that rule daily. Still has that lost in space look on his nervous face when games get underway. "Poor preparation provides Poor Performance"....and "Thats, all Folks!"

Good luck in CIS Plop - talk to Danny Macocia about transitioning to college coaching. But at least Potato Head (Macocia) has a Grey Cup ring, don't he???

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

actually he has two. right rids? :D ( i can hear the 'ugh' from here)