New Stampeders jersey causing controversy - THANK YOU, GORD!

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Stamps Rule, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

It is SO freakin' refreshing to hear the manager of a business ANYWHERE in this country not bow down to the demands of a handful of extremists. Thank you, Gord.

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

The over-reaction by detractors is pure unadulterated horseshit!

I probably have the most liberal perspective on this site, and I find nothing at all wrong with the crossed pistols symbol on Calgary's signature jerseys.

I'll never support the notion that all Canadians should have the constitutional right to bear arms as our neighbours to the south have long maintained they have.

But to equate a symbol on a jersey with advocating the freedom to carry and to use guns is ludicrous.

Norrie is quoted as saying that pistols don't kill people, but it's people that do.

That's an NRA slogan and it is not one that I can personally agree with.

But however debatable that proposition may be, it is clearer still that "pistols on jerseys", kill even fewer yet...;)

It's a piece of cloth people, not a deadly weapon! :mad:

Give it a rest already! :wtf:

TM

3. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Can we ship all political correct morons to Toronto!

Stamps Rule likes this.
  4. red00

red00 Member

Where were the people complaining about the crossed pistols way back in 1994? 2000? 2010? They have always been a part of the alternate jerseys and I think it's awesome they are an even bigger part of the newest version. I understand that gun culture and gun laws have become more of an issue in recent years, but does that mean we have to start censoring all things firearms related, as if the general public are a bunch of impressionable children? What a bunch of crap. It's a traditional symbol representing Calgary's history. Maybe we should also re-write those history books to make things a little less appalling for some... Maybe say the cowboys didn't believe in guns and instead rocked feather dusters... Yeah, that's it, feather dusters. It's these kinds of people who are responsible for the fact things like nudity and sex are "taboo" in our culture, yet elsewhere a pair of breasts and a discussion about sex amongst adults or even young children is not a concern to anybody or their grandma. If anything on a jersey or uniform is offensive it's those ugly green wheat heads on the Riders helmets, or better yet, the "tramp stamp" logo on their road jerseys.

redwhite2005, Stamps Rule and Madman like this.
  5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

This is the culture that is being taught in Universities today! Liberalized profs pushing their agendas and the students buy into it. We had less issues when TV westerns had shoot outs vs now with swearing and sex being acceptable TV programming. It was not bad enough mom or dads slipping with the swear words in front of their kids but now kids watch it on TV and find that if it is on TV it is acceptable until they get a professional job. What I do is lay in wait when some politically correct moron corrects me they get the what are you stupid frown from me and I let him have it! It is none of any ones business if there is pistols on the jerseys if they do not like do not buy it pretty dam simple but difficult for the politically correct.

6. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member