New stamps honour Grey Cup heroes

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

http://stampeders.com/article/new-stamp ... cup-heroes

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Ken Ploen for the Bombers and Danny Mac for the ticats.

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Danny Mac??? Pretty good qb but they had better players than him.... John Barrow, Angelo Mosca, Ed Chalupka, Chuck Ealey, Garney Henley, Bernie Faloney, Joe Zuger, Tony Champion, TJ Coffey... But Danny McManus... Wow, that is bad. I'm sure there are a lot of Ti cats fans are vnot happy with that. Happy with Ken Ploen. He richly deserves but so would Leo Lewis.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

How did you post that picture, Madman? Please post the steps...Maybe in a sticky.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

First of all, make sure you use the New Reply button. [​IMG]

Once you have clicked that, you simply click the insert image button which is the one that looks like moutains with a red sun. The forum will ask you for the image location, (must be online somewhere - attaching files is different), and voila.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Geroy Simon for the Lions. AC and Sonny Wade for the als.

Wilkie chosen over Moon for the esks. Bronko's conspiracy theory takes shape.

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Sorry, for whatever reason I can't upload or download. Don't know what I am doing wrong as I am inputting the correct info... This shoulod be easy but for whatever reason it is complicated.

11. Flash

Flash Member

Hate that they screwed the pooch and didn't include a Rough Rider one in the set. So lame. Russ Jackson!

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Harris is a great choice although sometimes he gets way too much credit for those great Stamps teams back in the day. Without his talented teammates surrounding him, he wouldn't have had the career he had. Guys like Helton, Koinzan, Suderman & the boys behind him like Robinson deserve as much credit as he gets.
    Simon never should be on that stamp. He is a great player but others like Joe Kapp, Willie Fleming, Ken Sugarman, Jim Young, Tom Brown, Roy Dewalt all should have been considered over him as he is still playing. An active player shouldn't be allowed. To me, the biggest surprise is McManus. McManus???

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

oh man. i didn't even notice that. very sad.

14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He gave hamilton their only grey cup win in the last 26 years. nuff said.

15. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nope, not good enough. Collectively, Faloney, Mosca, Zuger, Barrow, TJ Coffey & Henley gave the Ti Cats championships in 1957, 1963, 1965, 1967 & 1972. As well as played in the 1958, 59, 61, 62 & 64 Grey Cups. In the case of Mosca & Henley, they played in all of the Grey Cups mentioned. In the case of Angie, he is still loved, respected & recognized by not only Hamilton but CFL fans still today, 40 years after he retired. He should have been on that Stamp, I believe. Nuff said.

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He played on a 1-17 ticats team that went ownerless. That takes true grit. Also he helped them win their only home east final in 23 years. The guy is revered there. I'd have chosen Garney henley over Mosca as a second choice.

17. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Longevity needs to count here. Mosca is Mr. Ti Cat still. McManus played in Winnipeg, BC & Hamilton. I would consider him a journeyman qb as he played for 3 teams & wasn't actually a starter until later in his career. When people think of Ti Cat greats, they don't think of McManus. He will probably get a quick mention but that is it. So, he played on a 1-17 team? That would mean every one of those players on that team were great, then...

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

it's not that anyone on that 2003 team was great. it's that they accepted to endure humiliation at the hands of the cfl. i was not a fan of the ticats but even i started feeling bad for them. of course we all know which only team they beat. If only for that give DMac his due ;)