New Starting QB for Bombers

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

El Segundo, Paul LaPolice has decided to go with Joey 'I sound like Ed McMahon' Elliott in this week's matchup vs. Hankenstein and the Ticats.

Not much surprise as Plop has already chirped that Buck Pierce is his starter and would replace Alice Brink as soon as he's ready.

What does Elliott give them? A bit of a different look, faster release, bit more mobility, more assertive in the huddle - fcs this guy sounds like an 80 yr old man, sorta like Ed McMahon.

Look for Winnipeg to have a much better start before fading under Hank's spell....

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Musical chairs at qb... Instead of sticking with one, let's play all 3... With injuries & bad play. I say stay with Brink. Elliott has even less experience than Alex. He's going to go out & shit the bed. Or get hurt. Or both. Brink was getting the playing time & getting experience. To me, this moves makes no sense.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

After Plop made the decision to switch QBs (or Uncle Joe made it for him) he was confronted by the media. Instead of just uttering what I said about giving the TIcats a new look, about trying to find answers to slow starts before Buck comes back he started babblin' incomprehensibly - "ITS MY FAULT, ITS MY FAULT!!!" ---- something out of some TV soap opera melodrama....

Plays right into Joe Macks' Mitts - something is not right!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The season is spiralling down... Sad to see. Lots of denial everywhere from the fanbase to the coaches, GM & Board of Directors. Reality is going to set in, in about a months time if things don't get straightened out.

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Right now, the Bombers are in their own personal PARADE . . . . A PARADE OF MOPES!

Buchko is a mope but his excuse is he's a ticket-seller not a football man.

Joe Mack is a mope, his excuse is he was removed from the CFL for 23 years and MAN O MAN have things changed! (Plus he doesn't like scouting canuck talent)

Porky Plop is a total mope, but he's well liked by players (mostly cuz he doesn't work them very hard, plop is scared of his men), well liked by board, liked by fans and media. However, his game prep is brutal and the one singular thing he was supposed to be good at (offensive genius) is perhaps his weakest trait.

Gary Crowton has gone mope, no leadership whatsoever. In pre-season everyone called him the "Mad Genius". Now they just call him mad. As Scott Van Pelt told Wpg media back in May when they asked him about Crowton - "Good Luck with That!"

Alex Brink is a mope. Talented kid. Tall, mobile, tough as nails but try to carry out a Crowton/Plop gameplan. Not something for a slow-starting mope who has made hay in garbage time.

Buckingham Pierce is a total mope. Heals fast, injures faster. Wally knew this guy was a CFL cast-off from a way back. Now Winnipeg knows what the feeling is when you dig thru a dump site for a 30 year old TV.

The only guy who hasn't gone mope yet and the only man who might be able to salvage a season for the Peggers is Joe E. Elliott - Plop is putting it all on his shoulders as he pulled the pin on Brink yesterday (Brink is angry btw) and named Joe E. as his starter. If Elliott can light a flame under this band of mopes, they should hold a parade for him, not for anyone else.

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Unlike last season, I see the Bombers a team without leadership on the offensive side of the ball. Next to Calgary the Bombers OL has plenty of ????. On the defensive side plenty of selfish play and attitude from what I have seen. Changing the QB may not be the answer this team is looking for, but from a managements point of view the easiest one to make. Maybe by picking up Boyd might help but, if I was a Bomber fan the d is what would concern me.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Our D misses Doug Brown, Clark Kent, Philip Hunt, Iain Logan & Brando Stewart.

Brown didn't do much but he usually absorbed two men, and created other field mis-matches. Kent was an idiotic cut by JMack, just for his leadership qualities. Logan and Stewart are oft-injured and Hunt has cut his swath as a near full-time rotation guy in Philly (NFL)

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

remember your 'lick 'em stamps' avatar on GSG ? well now you can. blue bomber stamps available at the bomber store.