NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Anybody Care?

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by iso_55, Jun 1, 2012.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

NBC is dragging this series out... The way this series is going, it might be finished by Canada Day. Hard to stay interested with this random, on again, off again schedule. Right now, whoever wins is fine with me... Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

That depends. Does meh count as a thought?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Meh as in the topic is boring or don't care who wins?

4. Christoph

Christoph Member

I don't really care who wins. I may however watch a game and therefore have to move onto a second hand in order to count the number of games I've watched of this years bore-offs. :p

Watching a game start to finish is another matter...

Last year I watched just about every game, but there's been a huge drop-off in entertainment value of the playoffs over the past couple years in my opinion. The most memorable things so far are the Penguins-Flyers goaltending collapse and Drew Doughty's legendary freakouts against the Coyotes. Nothing else stands out at all. I fell asleep during game one of the finals and that's not the first time. To put that in perspective I almost never fall asleep during games. Prior to this years playoffs it probably hadn't happened in years.

5. Rids

Rids Member

If you're going to fall asleep during the games make sure you put your PJs on first!

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, when games are won 1-0 or 2-1 no wonder you fall asleep.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

It wasn't all that boring. Tight-fisted checking, yes! Boring, no!

That said, the overall CBC presentation lacked any flow, the cameras were off-line and the direction was shaky.

McLean and Cherry are clearly running on fumes while kids like Andi Petrillo & PJ 'Laughing' Stock are clearly not ready for prime-time.

Elliotte Friedman is their best boy now, thats apparent to anyone who knows anything about sports and he'll ascend to the McLean role, whether that be on CBC (should McLean bolt) or TSN (if TSN gets the HNIC rights)

Even TSN is starting to get awfully diluted as their panels feature the painfully repetitive Bob McKenzie and recently retired Aaron Ward, all the great panellists have been fired (Strachan) or disappeared into better NHL/broadcast jobs (Eddy O, Pierre McGoo, Milly, JD Davidson, Burkee, Torturella, etc.)

Why is it the USA networks seem to have an endless suplly of solid to great broadcasters to take over from the dead and retired? But we still have Blind Bob Cole chomping time at 80+.....