No USA TV deal???

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Stamps Rule, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

During the halftime show here, Dave Naylor just said that there is no USA TV deal so far this year. It used to be with the NFL network, but that evaporated.

They're apparently working on something, but it won't kick in until the 2nd half of the season.

????

Did the NFL network drop us, or what?

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Just got word from Dave Naylor that they are days away from announcing a US TV Deal. I had heard talk about NBC Sports coming to the table. That would be great if it does happen. Reaches 4 or 5 times the number of homes that NFL Network does.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

How do you watch the games?

4. Rids

Rids Member

I was only in the States for the Grey Cup last year which was on a couple of networks and then replayed a couple more times that week. Worked out well. I do have access to ESPN3 which will have all the regular season games (at this point) and will be watching that way. Right now I'm fighting to find a cable that lets me hook up the laptop to the TV...how many boxes of stuff did I bring again....

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I liked the games on the NFL network. If it goes on NBC, will it be some dinky little regional network they also control?

6. Rids

Rids Member

NBC bought Versus network and rebranded them NBC Sports. They reach 80 Million homes which is about 20 million more than NFL Network.