Official NCAA Thread

Discussion in 'American Football Talk' started by Rids, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

So the NCAA season kicks off in 6 days! Figured we could put 1 dedicated thread in here rather than a new one for every tidbit.

Vandy opens up the season at home on ESPN against South Carolina who many peg as being front runners for the SEC East title. I think Vandy could surprise them!

Anchor Down!
    [​IMG]

Oh by the way I have space in my NCAA Pick'em game on Yahoo. Make your picks for the Top 25 schools in the nation. FREE!

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

No thanks i'll stick to CFL pick'ems. They're made for overacheivers that are undersized in football knowledge.

3. Flash

Flash Member

Sign me up!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

PAC 12 & Mountain West Conference... Interested in that as well as Texas Tech. I used to like the Big Ten but I can get all the info I need on BTN. Besides, 2 of the 10 teams are on suspensions... Shame. So, any & all news/info on those 2 conferences & TT would be great.

5. Rids

Rids Member

I believe that 3 of the B1G Ten schools in the "Leaders" division aren't allowed to play a bowl game this year.

6. Rids

Rids Member

You ready?

[​IMG]

7. Rids

Rids Member

So just went through the cable box schedule and put 82 games on paper to watch this weekend. Loving it!

Some highlights for me:

Thursday - Vanderbilt vs South Carolina, McNeese State vs Middle Tennessee State, UMass vs UConn, Eastern Wash vs Idaho, Wazzu vs BYU

Friday - Boise State vs Michigan State,

Saturday - Notre Dame vs Navy, Miami vs Boston College, Auburn vs Clemson, Hawaii vs USC, Michigan vs Alabama, UTSA vs South Alabama*

Sunday - Kentucky vs Louisville, SMU vs Baylor

Monday - Georgia Tech vs Virginia Tech

*The first game for UTSA in the NCAA. Coached by former UMiami national championship winning head coach Larry Coker.

8. Rids

Rids Member

9. Rids

Rids Member

A harsh article by a SEC hater - http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/2 ... on-sec-bcs

He also goes on to basically insinuate that because ESPN is owned by Disney they are in the business of creating stories.

I'll run some numbers but my first response to this is that generally the 6th, 7th and 8th SEC schools in the Bowl games are facing off against the 2nd or 3rd place schools in mid-major conferences.

Also love how they forget to mention that Oklahoma was the pre-season #1 last year and stayed there for 8 weeks until they lost.

They also forget to mention that the 3 most watched college football games last year were SEC games but on the CBS network not ESPN (the spinner of dreams).

10. Rids

Rids Member

New Georgia Tech helmets

[​IMG]

11. Rids

Rids Member

For those watching the opening ESPN game here's a look at the uni's Vanderbilt will be wearing tonight:

[​IMG]

12. Flash

Flash Member

Washington State looks bad...like really not good. Ouch. They may not beat Eastern Washington next week either. Could be a long fall....

13. Rids

Rids Member

Record setting performance today:

14. Flash

Flash Member

Anybody else not all that impressed with the Ohio State catch? People are ooozing over themselves calling it the catch of the year and some crap. Honestly I saw some catches in some B level games that were as nice or nicer but because 8 other people saw them nobody's creaming themselves to pat them on their back. And you wonder how these kids get big fat heads. Lame.

15. Flash

Flash Member

Bama slide up to #1 and USC drops. Stop scheduling such cupcake opponents in the first game!

16. Flash

Flash Member

Interesting

17. Flash

Flash Member

#8 arkansas loses!!! To Steve Jyles old school. No bueno

18. Rids

Rids Member

Wow!

19. Rids

Rids Member

Five games tonight on TV here - Florida International vs Central Florida; Arkansas-Pine Bluff vs Alabama State; Truman State vs Central Missouri; UCLA vs Houston; and the big match up of BYU vs Boise State.

20. Rids

Rids Member

BYU read the mail there and stopped that fake punt.