Other Fan Site Down

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Liske, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liske

Liske Member

CFL Horsemen went down late last night. Expected to be down for a while but they hope to resolve their issues within 24 hours. Not great timing given it's a Stamps game day. Hope they're able to fix the problem before kickoff.

Putting out a Big Welcome to everyone from the other site here on StampsFans for all your game day discussions, pre and post game analysis and reactions.

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I echo that welcome to all registrants at CFLHorsemen, many of whom already post here, and state that we are more than ready to assist, feeling fully confident that in the unlikely event that StampsFans should ever in the future experience a site failure, Horsemen would allow our members to post a message to our membership there.

It's game day...Go Stamps Go! :D

TM

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh no. Geo and his bold caps are coming. aaaaahhhhhhhh :exclamation:

4. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

The entire forum went kaboom... all posts and threads were wiped due to a major server glitch. Not only that, but all memberships were wiped, meaning members have to reregister to use the forum.

I hope people are respectful enough to go back there and reregister. Those guys have been working their tails off to offer fans all kinds of extra content, over and above running the forum itself. In my view, they at least deserve the support of the Stamps fanbase online community.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I will exercise some tolerance here, as long as things do not go overboard on this thread.

I will say that when Go Stamps Go was going down for the final count, there wasn't much tolerance being exercised by a member of its administration when we attempted to draw the attention of the membership over there to the fact that our site was also created from that one, and that members there had options.

Our administration has also worked very hard to create a website for all Stampeders fans.

And we have always maintained that all posters, who demonstrate respect for our website and our work as well as the contributions of others, are always welcome to post here.

TM

6. Rids

Rids Member

Was their server part of the big issues happening right now in the States?

So many sites that I deal with have been hurt by this. Hudl was down for a while during a time when players are trying to upload footage from camps.

7. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I don't think he was taking away anything from what you guys have done here, to be honest.

I don't know the whole back-story, don't really care either; but both sites are pretty decent and I'm sure that people on both sides have really created something much, much better than what GSG ever was.

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I hope they get their issues dealt with quickly & are back up & running. Sucks when that happens.

9. Liske

Liske Member

I had some problems early this morning with servers. About a third of the websites I Googled were down and some of the rest were extremely slow. Seems to be better now, but early this morning (8:00) things were really bogged down.

10. Rids

Rids Member

Yeah the last 48 hours have been nasty. Almost like that new TV Show on NBC where the power goes out. Maybe it was a free commercial for it...

11. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Nope, Mg is a member in good standing here, and I wasn't implying he was being disrespectful.

However, posts similar to that one which mentioned this site weren't at all welcome at GSG in its waning days, and were summarily deleted...

As I stated earlier, I just don't want things to go overboard. ;)

Having stated that, all respectful perspectives are welcome here...

TM

12. Rids

Rids Member

ESPN just took a hit too. Storms over Bristol hampering them in a major way. We'll see if things actually go down or just interrupt.

13. Mathgod

Mathgod Member

Cheers TM. [​IMG] I did not intend any disrespect nor ill-will.

However, I am inclined to believe that there are some notable differences between the 2 situations you have drawn parallels between.

No need to get into it. All I would like to do is sincerely thank you, and others on this board, for being extremely classy and respectful during this very difficult time for the other site and their admins. :)

14. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

We will agree to disagree on that point, Mg.

However, I am not prepared to allow this site to be used as a debating ground on the issue.

For the sake of the other site and the folks who have evidently worked hard to create it, it appears they have rounded the corner and are now on the road to recovery from whatever it is that's befallen them earlier today and we congratulate them on their ability to do so.

Your gesture of thanks is appreciated, but unnecessary. ;)

It was the right thing to do for members of another site whose passion for the game, and for a certain team in red and white, mirrors our own...;)

TM

15. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Just shows that there is room for 2 Stampeder sites. I've said this before & I'll say it again. I doesn't have to be a choice of one or the other. People can be members of both sites simultaneously. And participate here & there. Why some think it has to either or is something I fail to understand.

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I just find this whole situation weird as with the creation of eskimo empire. must be an alberta thing. :-/

17. iso_55

iso_55 Member

You know the story as to how it happened so I won't rehash old news. It is what it is.

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

ah well i wonder if college or nfl have 'split forums' like these.

19. Rids

Rids Member

Here in Tennessee there are a dozen Titans message boards, over 20 Volunteers boards and then a few covering the other schools exclusively (Vandy, Middle Tenn State, Chattanooga, TSU, Tenn Tech, Austin Peay, Memphis, Tenn-Martin).

Fun times!

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so there you have it. more is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.