Parker Ready to Shine for Stampeders?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

On the sixth play of the first possession of the second quarter during Monday’s Labour Day Classic, Anthony Parker surpassed a personal best. Nothing to turn cartwheels over, mind you, but one indicative of his progression as a receiver in the CFL.

“It’s kind of cool it is a career high — it’s not too high — but it’s cool to be at that stage halfway through the year,” said Parker, in his fourth season with the Calgary Stampeders, who now has three touchdowns in 2014. “Knowing how much potential there is to improve for the rest of the year and hopefully put up some more good numbers.

“I felt this year would be the year that I would have an opportunity to make an impact.
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/...ed+contribute/10175584/story.html?rel=2172664

Tags:
  2. Rids

Rids Member

Here's an update on the Canadian receiver list.

[​IMG]

3. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

He has been playing better; good to see

4. oilpatchhilbily

hmmm....I remember somebody going out on a limb in the offseason to defend this guy - guessing he will continue to improve as the season progresses.

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well obviously many of us dissing him earlier helped out and I am sure AP Senior has helped his son get on track because he is now starting to play like a first round draft choice. It happens every time whn fans jump on a player they go out to prove the fans wrong. Anthony Parker Jr has finally started to arrive in the cfl.

6. oilpatchhilbily

My point Red, was about my own "gut" feel'n back then...not anybody elses. Had a feeling he was due.....I also had a feeling this weekend and went 1 for 4.....is was it is.

7. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well Sinopoli was the only receiver that played today. West sucked yet again and what is wrong with Price? These guys can not get open any more?

8. cflrulz

cflrulz Member

Red I agree Sinopoli was good Sunday but it appeared to me that Tate was very unsure in the pocket and did not make very good reads I agree West,Price need to play better as well as AP.
    I did see them open quite a few times but Tate was running for his life as our oline play was not very good Sunday. Once the QB loses confidence that he will have time to throw they seem
    forget about the reads and go into self preservation mode thats my take any way what do you think.

9. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Yes the oline showed it had issues for sure! Your son has played well almost to the point he catches everything thrown to him. Your chat with him was maybe what he needed. He is definitely showing signs of whats to come. I guess the problem is that the TO game that very same oline played well enough for Tate to complete passes to open receivers. So one would expect the same in the next game. And yes Price and West are paid to be the fast guys and are not showing their speed so if both oline and these receivers step it up a bit. Sinopoli is the man he seems to be getting open and in that regard is a QB not a receiver by trade.

10. cflrulz

cflrulz Member

I agree Sinopoli is playing well since coming back from injury, AP is playing better but with our offensive scheme we seem to rely more on the deep ball to make things happen without throwing under neath the coverage to bring the db's closer to the line so that our speed guys can run past them. Your correct Sinopoli is just in his second year at receiver and he does not look out of place at all