Plop admits error

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Bronko, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Last week vs. Edmonton, Paul Lapolice told Bob Irving the bombers won the toss and ended up kicking off both halves - NOT taking possession.

Lapo's explanation is like listening to a comedy bit by Professor Irwin Corey but essentially he throws his captains under the bus for stupidity.

Like deciding to go against a strong wind for all four quarters???

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I was wondering why the Esks received the opening KO of each half. I was thinking maybe they decided to take the wind in the fourth quarter... Don't they discuss these things on the sidelines before they go out for the coin toss as in, "If we win the toss, what do you want me to do, Coach??"

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

and yet they still won. just one of the many many facets of plop ball that leave expert heads scratching.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Porky is just not up there with the giants (will he ever be?) like Wally, Matthews, Bud Grant, Leo Cahill, Trestman, even lesser giants like Lancaster, Frank Clair, Cal Murphy.

He just has a natural tendency to default to panic. It really irks Winnipeg fans cuz he's such a good guy and tremendous in the community.

But once the opening whistle shrieks (or in plop's case the coin-toss) he starts losing his mind.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm hopeful he will be 'the chosen one' to lead the Bombers to glory. It's a long process. I mean think of the roads Huf and Trestman had to travel before winning Their first cups as HC. There's some food for thought right there.

6. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

In 2008 Hufnagel won in his first year as HC in Calgary...

His journey down the road since then has been filled with trials and tribulations....;)

TM

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Some questionable personnel decisions have led to his struggles since 2008. Although as a HC, Jeff Reinebold & Mike Kelly would have killed to have Huff's troubles.

8. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I meant of course Huf's journey through Calgary(92-96),New England,New York,Saskatchewan,Cleveland,Indianapolis,New Jersey,Jacksonville as a non HC. Pretty long journey there to win a grey cup as a HC. I won't even mention Trestman's roadmap. You gotta have the mileage.

The world's most interesting person wishes to match wits with the world's stupidest man (me), by all means. bring it on :D

9. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Be very careful what you wish for, deuv....;)

And let's not lose sight of the fact that I can insult you in both "official languages", even if it is only inadvertently, and even if it is only by my employment of "la langue francais''...:p

TM

10. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

bakayaro orukamonome manukeme

:cool: