PLOP FIRED

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Stamps Rule, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Did I beat Bronko?

LOL.

:D

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

DC Tim Burke takes over the position - isn't this his second promotion from a firing?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, we all knew this was going to happen. The entire Bomber organization should be ashamed. From Garth Butchko proclaiming that the Bombers will never play another game at Canad Inns Stadium last winter... Of course they opened the season with 4 straight difficult road games to GM Joe Mack not providing the talent for the guy to win... How come Joe Mack gets off so easy?? He should have been sent packing as well.

4. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

Blowing the stadium timeline by an entire year was embarrassing.

Not that LaPolice had much to do with that, but he just wasn't a good coach. He look confused out there most times.

5. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Stupid firing given the circumstances this year. They didn't bring in any talent in the offseason to help him and played hard for him despite having the least talented team in the league and having to play 3 different starting QB's. Should have let him have the rest of the year as I fail to see what a coaching change is going to accomplish. They played the Lions harder than the Stamps, Riders, and Argo's. What a mess that organization is.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I think I speak for both bronko and I when I say: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

one final plopastrophe.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Actually guys, I was working when I heard the news at about 2pm Wpg time.

It was like a kick in the stomach.

You see, I may have been Paul's biggest critic but sometimes you have to separate the criticism from the love. This was a fine man who was not fully prepared for all the nuances of being a pro football head coach. He was also given some bad groceries by his GM, in terms of some of the unprofessional vermin Mack drafted.

Paul LaPolice might have been a below average head coach but his players loved him (thats a problem in many respects)

And so might I add did one of his most severe critics.

Today, at approx. 2pm I felt like I was fired.

And a little bit of history gets washed out to sea.

Good luck Paul. You're a quality person and a really good assistant coach.

Personally, I'd like to see Paul stay in WPg and take over the awful program that the U of M Bisons have degenerated to.

And for Deuvl - from the famous film Casablanca - "We'll Always Have Plop~!"

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Anybody have twitter & see the debate Rids & I had over the firing? No hard feelings, Ridsy??? Always good to have a strong opinion...

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The Bombers organization is shameful... Lots of excuses to go around from Butchko, Bell & Mack.

11. Bronko

Bronko Member

Brushcut Bell was smart to sit out the cross-fire this afternoon as Buchko and Drowsy Joe were trottted out to the assembled (and mostly shocked) local media.

Buchko and Mack have contracts even longer and higher valued than Mr Lapolice. They're locked in for a couple idiotic winters, to be sure.

Buchko is a piece of CFL vermin. Mack is just an old rounder who was plucked from the unemployement rolls cuz the Bombers had some success with him as a scout back in the mid-80s

Bombers also have some other cancers in their administration
    Besides the obvious Buchko - Asst. GM Loss Hodgkinson, VP PR Champagne Jerry Maslowsky, and the guy who sells the merchandise and bans people from bomber forums Jeff 'Ban Him' Banyon.

Very dysfunctional organization. Good luck paying off that 150 million dollar debt you morons.

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Damnit Bronks!

That means yer nickname generator's going to have to work overtime now on the Burkester after you've already spent so much time and effort to put out all that nickname inventory on the Plopster...:s

TM

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I am surprised Ross Hodgkinson has survived the various palace coups that have taken place with the Bombers. He's either really good or a really good Yes man.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

Troy Westwood called him a good organ-grinder if ya know what I mean.....

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

Give me some space there Terry. I'm kinda in mourning right now. In all the places and all the cities where sports shines this character was my all-time favourite. Feels like I've lost a family member.

16. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

17. iso_55

iso_55 Member

It only seemed like 9 months ago.

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

he's sure been quiet. you didn't ban him did ya? ;)

19. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Nah, besides he could ban me... ;) He & I agreed to disagree. You guys don't have twitter? You missed the Battle Of The Titans... Too bad. Hell, I got 5 new followers out of the deal!! ;)

20. Bronko

Bronko Member

When he was following Bauer around in Wpg., suckin' hind t, I called him Count Poop.....