Poor Crowd

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by STAMPS BLOW, Oct 13, 2013.

1. STAMPS BLOW

STAMPS BLOW Member

What's with the Stamps, a 12 - 3 team playing the BC Lions a 9 -6 team and only drawing 26000. Yet when the 10-5 Riders play the lowly 3-12 Eskies they draw 10000 more people, 36000. Just better fan support for Canada's team I guess.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The Flames played at the exact same time that night, so you were instantly going to lose those who have tickets to both.

It's a fact, the Flames are the #1 draw in this town.

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't blame him for not knowin' that, Madman.

The closest Saskatchewan gets to the NHL is the team charters flyin' 7 miles overhead on their way to more important places where the games are played...:p

TM

4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I truly find it funny a fan from another team is so concerned about another franchises crowd numbers. This could be due to the fact he measures the best fans by the numbers that show up to the game! It is too up his ego because he has nothing better to do or brag about!

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not so much calgary's fault as it is BC's. they just don't draw as much on the road as the riders do.

redwhite2005 likes this.
  6. zBrain

zBrain Member

Blah blah blah Stamps, a 12 - 3 team blah blah the 10-5 Riders

I picked out the parts that matter.

7. fireguyfire

fireguyfire Member

Hey; give credit where credit is due;nobody celebrates losing better than the hammerheads from Saskatchewan; 104 years and counting!

8. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

I just get so sick of RiderNation fan pumping their own tires about how they inflate other teams home attendance. So the hell what. Do they want credit for their ability to navigate their way out of their mothers basements? Do they want us to applaud their industrial fortitude to save their Pilsner empties up, and get them to the Bottle depot in their little green wagons to get ticket money? Should we acknowledge their ability to nag dad enough to drive them to the games in his '64 Rambler station wagon with the rear seat facing backwards?

Why are they the only freakin fan base so worried about another teams own attendance marks? Give it a rest RiderNation fan. You'd be better served tracking player's arrest records from Dewdney Street social activities. Something you actually do lead the league in!

How embarrassing it will be for you when the supposed great sports fans in the hellhole, in the middle of nowhere with nothing else to do they call Regina, dump their Grey Cup tickets when their little Green Football team don't make it to their Grey Cup Game in their own back yard. Then they will have the ignomy of having Stampeder Fans FILLING UP THEIR STADIUM to make THEIR Grey Cup attendance look good! And for Cornish and Company to grasp the trophy as WINNERS in their own stadium. Can hardly wait for it to happen!

9. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Now those are the Doogie posts I've been waitin' for! :D

TM

Madman and Doogie58 like this.
  10. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

I think I can be reasonably assured that i won't come back to this site, only to see that a mod has deleted it. Something RiderNation Fan moderators such as they have on CFL.ca would do in a heartbeat. My guess is that the originator of this thread, whose handle escaped me but doesn't really matter anyway, is nowhere to be seen, so he can get his parents to read and explain the concept of "witty and accurate rebuttal" to him. :)

11. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

LOL Yup you are right Doogie! I too had issues with that site CFL.ca and it bascially is riderfans.com .02 and a joke. You can bet this guy will not post here any longer and it is not because he was banned or anything else but got the response he was looking for. I remember my 5 year battle on the cfl.ca site with the lowlifes and now I have resigned to the fact these kind of fans do not matter. They have a low self esteem of their team plain and simple. What matters is the play on the field that matters and well they just squeaked out having a home play of game after going 8 and 0 in the start of the season. But yes who cares what a rider fan thinks.

12. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I have no trouble hearing what a 'rider fan, or any other fan "thinks", if that is what is being expressed.

I would welcome more thoughtful fans to this site, no matter who they support.

It's the obvious trolls who aren't gonna be here long...:cigar:

TM

13. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well the name is basically the main reason no one would care for what this fan has to say! I challenge anyone to go on CFL.ca or Riderfans.com a with a name of Ridersblow you will then see my point lol!

14. oilpatchhilbily

I suspect Riderfans.com is what he ran back too after Doogie blasted him lol.

15. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Oh I am sure he went there or the cfl.ca the rider fans second site. But Doogie in my opinion was right. For some reason it is important for a rider fan to feel secure by checking out other stadiums. This makes them feel they are the best fans. But really if you look at the variables it means nothing. I mean Regina vs Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary,Edmonton or Montreal is laughable at best when you look at the social draws of those cities vs Regina!

16. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

Is there a third Riders site?

17. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

Being a CIS supporter ..... Stamp fans should check out the Dino's game this weekend seeing stamps have the bye.
    Since the thread was on crowds .... Dino's would probably appreciate it :)

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Another Dinos win and they host the Mitchell bowl most likely against Western in a football-filled Calgary weekend.

19. Doogie58

Doogie58 Member

So it was with great interest that I noted a LOT if EMPTY seats in Moronsic Stadium today for the WSF. Whats up with that RiderNation? Too cold to go out and collect empties for ticket money? The '64 Rambler wouldn't start to get you to the stadium? Inquiring minds would like to know. Post your excuses if you dare.

20. ArgoCister

ArgoCister Member

On the Argos site it was described as .......

"Thousands of the "World's Best Fans" are dressed up as empty benches this afternoon... "