Practice Roster Set

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

http://www.stampeders.com/article/pract ... ter-is-set

Tags:
  2. Christoph

Christoph Member

Really Lobendahn is injured already? Quick somebody shield iso's eyes from this news story!!!!!!! ;)

I'm a little disappointed not to see John Bender or Brad Sinopoli's names on the PR and also a little confused/surprised to see that Matt Walter is there. I guess there wasn't any room on the active roster?

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

On the eve of battle Samoa Joe (Lobendahn) always seems to come down with another muscle-buster (nick)
    The Rocky Mountain air doesn't seem to make a difference.

The guy is a warrior and I'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you he'd be good to go this week - obviously, the trainers don't think the same way as the warrior.

He'll be an in & outer most of the season until Huffer determines someone else (less injury riddled) can do the work!

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

If this is a legit injury, it's like what was Huff doing keeping this guy over McCune? It's only going to get worse. Neck, knee, elbow, calf, whatever as he won't last the season.

5. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

No Ameet Pall?

6. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

Who replaces Fraser at Safety?
    It appears the Stampeders better have the offense in gear come next Sunday versus the Allouettes. There appears to be some holes in the secondary with injuries and such.

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

I asked the Stampeders directly about Pall and Locke - no answer yet.

8. Christoph

Christoph Member

I thought they were going to wait until Pall got healthy to make a decision about him.

I don't think there's room for Locke on the active roster, although I do believe there is one free spot left on the practice roster...

9. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Pall just signed with Montreal...nice. :dodgy:

10. Christoph

Christoph Member

We don't like first round picks in Calgary do we? First we have to put up with the Flames throwing them away on third/fourth line bubble players for more than a decade. Now it's the Stamps using them on kickers and players we're going to cut mere months later. Awesome.

11. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

12. stampsfaninedm

Been talking about it for a while during training camp. Finally committed Saturday morning. Took a while to get him in from Halifax to make it official. Good signing. Best case scenario he could start at safety. Worst case scenario he will be a great ST player if added to the main roster.

13. Rids

Rids Member

That's a good solution. I think Hecht and Eric Fraser would be a solid 1-2 punch.

14. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

As Kyle knows, I had to bite my tongue on this information as I didn't want to steal sfie's thunder (since it's his news to share), but it was certainly difficult to keep everything under my hat for the last 48 hours until the news broke...;)

Especially when there was as much speculation as there's been about how safety will be handled without Fraser in there...

Anyway, I agree that Hecht will be a welcome addition to the team (for an Edmonton guy, that is...;))!

TM

15. stampsfaninedm

It will be an interesting week of practice to see how they handle the safety spot.