Premature, But Stamps Had Better Secure Dave Dickinson's Services

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

There is still a lot of football to be played in 2013, but the way things are developing, it might be wise for General Manager Hufnagel to secure Dave Dickinson as head coach of the Stampeders for the 2014 season? With head coaching positions potentially available in Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Edmonton, ownership and GMs of their respective teams will be looking hungrily at the Stampeders coaching staff.

Note: GM of the Eskimos is openly speaking about evaluating the head coaching position of the Eskimos at season's end.
    Speaking of the Eskimos .......

GM HERVEY RIPS ESKIMOS TEAM AND SINGLES OUT OL ROTTIER

Despite a near-comeback victory against the Calgary Stampeders in the Labour Day Classic, Ed Hervey is none too pleased with his Edmonton Eskimos.

Edmonton's general manager held court with the media on Tuesday, angrily calling out Simeon Rottier and saying the veteran lineman may have played his last game with the team this season.

"Simeon Rottier will not start on Friday," he said flatly. While offence wasn't an issue for the Eskimos down the stretch, Calgary's defence went through Edmonton's offensive line for seven sacks on Monday in a 37-34 loss.

"Our first priority is to protect our quarterback," Hervey continued. "We will make some changes on our O-line. There comes a point where we have to be honest with our team, players and the fans. It's obvious we need to protect our quarterback better."
    Link

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

You would have to think/hope that that has been the succession plan all along.

With Dave choosing to stay in Calgary last time there was a round of HC openings, it showed that he had a reason to stay here and continue learning as opposed to jumping on the first open position offered.

3. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I'm not as big on Dickenson as some of you might be.

His offense is, for the most part, unoriginal. He rarely goes for the deep ball and relies heavily on reciever yack-yards for first downs.

It's worked so far, but I wouldn't be sad if Dickenson left for a HC job somewhere.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Ya, not a huge loss. You could have your choice of great offensive minds like Gary Crowton, Kit Cartwright, Mike Kelly, Macocia, Barf Andrus, Dan Hawkins. Heck even Paul Plop might bite......

5. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well I am sure it is not the first time or last time I disagree with you.