Pro Goal Pushes Bo

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Christoph, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Christoph

Christoph Member

Bo Levi Mitchell may be in tough to see playing time right now, but Kevin Glenn won't be around forever and it's far from a sure thing that Tate will be a 5 or 10 year CFL starter. I think Mitchell chose a great place to go in the hopes of pursuing a pro career as a starter. For the foreseeable future he'll have to be patient as the clipboard holder, but you never know what the future holds. That could change in an instant.

What do you guys expect we'll see from BLM this year?

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Hate to say it, as I am a staunch supporter of Canadian qbs but I think Mitchell looked & played better last Friday than Sinopoli. He looks to be the better of the two with a lot more upside than Brad. If I had to pick, I'd take Bo as my number 3.

3. Christoph

Christoph Member

Well then you may be in luck because I think that's how it will play out. However don't forget that Huff said that they might try to keep 4 QBs. Considering both Mitchell and Sinopoli have looked good I'm guessing that they'll do whatever they can to do just that. Don't be surprised if Mitchell ends up the #3 with Sinopoli on the practice roster. Actually if I was a betting man, that's precisely how I'd place my bets.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Sinopoli may refuse a practice roster position . Other teams may want him.

5. DOUG FLUTIE

DOUG FLUTIE Member

Bo better not hold that clipboard long ...he reminds me greatly of Jeff Garcia...anybody remember this fella ???Great great pivot ......

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

A year from now he may be pushing Glenn out the door & putting pressure on Tate to start. Thart's what happened here in 1999. We almost lost DD to free agency that off season. But he signed a one year deal as Garcia took off to the 49ers. Had Jeff stayed dave would have probably been an Eskimo as they were very interested in him as a FA as I seem to remember.

7. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I like the cool but very competitive nature of Bo Levi Mitchell. Watching him last week showed me that with the proper nuturing he could be potential starter for the Stamps down the road. I can see why he supplanted Sinopoli for the #3 position.[/align]

8. DOUG FLUTIE

DOUG FLUTIE Member

Huff is the best former QB coach in most of football to do it.