Qb Club: Quarterback Questions

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Quarterback Questions
    Jock Wilson, AM770CHQR

The Calgary Stampeders are the team to beat in 2013! Before you call me a homer or an idiot, I do make this fearless prediction with a huge caveat and asterisk. The Stampeders will have the best regular season record and win the Western Division if quarterback Drew Tate stays healthy and starts at least 16 games. He vows to finish every game he starts!

“I am tired about talking about injuries,” says Tate. “I am coming into camp in the best shape of my life and I am ready to compete for the number one job. I don’t think I’m injury prone. What happened last season was just bad luck.” While Tate may be taking nothing for granted heading into a brand new season, the starting job is his if he stays healthy. That is a big “if”! Tate has a perfect 6 – 0 record when he starts and finishes a game. 7 – 0 if you count the final game of last season when he shared the starting role with Kevin Glenn. The coaching staff loves his arm, his leadership abilities and his compete level, but with the Ottawa expansion draft looming after the 2013 CFL season, Tate is going to have to prove to everyone in the organization that he is not another Buck Pierce of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Read more: http://www.newstalk770.com/Sports/Stamps/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10553239