Quarterback hunter D’Aguilar

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, May 21, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

tumblr_mln0ivbFoz1rcqcqmo1_500.jpg

Quarterback hunter D’Aguilar brings his aggressive style to the Stampeders
    McMaster sack master signs entry-level deal with the squad who drafted him
    from CalgaryHerald.com

Ben D’Aguilar studied philosophy at McMaster University, although he claims to have gleaned little from his courses — with the exception of the fine art of thinking in circles.

“School, schmool,” the Calgary Stampeders defensive end mutters via telephone from his hometown of Hamilton, Ont. “I haven’t been too big on education, except on my own time.

“I do my own education.”

Drawing on a lesson from the trusty school of hard knocks, D’Aguilar believes in the old adage, “to thine own self be true.”

So the 23-year-old signed an entry-level contract Tuesday with the Stampeders buoyed by the knowledge his new employer wants him to stick to the kind of game that convinced Calgary to select him in the second round (13th overall) of the 2013 CFL draft.

“I’m pumped,” D’Aguilar says. “What they said they want me to do for their squad is what I like doing. Some other teams wanted to convert me, but they were like, ‘hey, come here and be you.’ ”

At his core, D’Aguilar is a quarterback hunter. He set a new CIS record last season with 12.5 sacks in eight games en route to winning the J.P. Metras Trophy as the most outstanding lineman in Canadian university ball.

Vicki Hall, Calgary Herald
    Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...back+hunter+Aguilar+brings/8416412/story.html

2. Bronko

Bronko Member

May as well inflict my first fresh nickname of the season. This Ben looks like a gooder.

He'll be known from this point on as "THE DAGGER"

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

When I look at the guys who signed NFL contracts, glad we got him.