Signing Randy Chevrier re-signs with the Stampeders

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

The best of the best stays with the Stampeders as Randy Chevrier re-signs.

2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Official Stampeders Release

CHEVY STAYS PARKED AT MCMAHON
    Calgary Stampeders head coach and general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the re-signing of non-import long-snapper Randy Chevrier. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    Chevrier, who had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 15, played all 18 regular-season games for the Stampeders in 2013. He went the entire season without making an errant snap and added nine special-teams tackles. He also played in the Western Final.
    Continue reading: http://stampeders.com/article/chevy-stays-parked

3. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Chevrier is certainly the "best of the best", and it's nice to see him back in the fold! :D

The way he takes care of himself, he might play another 5 years as the Stampeders' 'long-snapper' and special teams ace. ;)

One observation though.

I notice the press release announcing his signing, as well as several others published in recent days, have made the point that he "played in the Western Final".

I guess that makes him one of only a handful of Stampeders who actually showed up to 'play' that afternoon... ;)

Must be sheer coincidence that they were all signed together and announced within mere days of one another...

TM

Madman likes this.
  4. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I am dam happy today!