Red vs Green

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Rich, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Rich

Rich Member

Well, its set now. Just wondering how many "stamps fans" will sell their tickets knowing that rider fans will buy them. Upset at the fan base of the stamps this year(and last). This is the only Calgary team that has a shot at anything yet still can't fill the stands. If you are a true fan of the horse, get out and support them, if it is cold, put on a sweater, if it rains, put on a garbage bag, this is our HOME, this is our CITY, give our team the 13th man, they have earned the right to host this game, they deserve us to be there. GO STAMPS GO!!!!!!!!

Tags:
    Madman likes this.
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

My 17 year old Boston Bruins-loving daughter and I will certainly be there!

It's her first real CFL game...(the ones I used to take her to at Commonwealth using back-to-school coupons when she was younger never really registered with her).

We'll be driving in from Edmonton next weekend, and looking for a Stampeders win...and maybe the creation of a new CFL fan to boot! ;)

TM

3. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Your 17 year old daughter is smart cheering on those Bruins to bad they got the non performer Jerome on the team now. But next weeks game should be a fun one to be at.

4. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

What's ticket sales at right now?

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I got to watch Jarome in person against Detroit when my daughter and I were at the TD Garden in Boston on Columbus Day 4 weeks ago.

I spent some time educating a young couple (both Bruins fans) who sat next to us and who wanted to talk about Iginla when they noticed my Flames jersey. I suggested they watch what he does without the puck to really gauge his play. Like most American fans who hadn't grown up with the game, that hadn't occurred to them. They followed my suggestion, and saw the mid-ice floating for which number 12 became infamous for in his last several years as a Flame.

I don't think they were very impressed. ;)

But I have to say Cianna's interest in the Bruins long predates their acquisition of Iginla, which, for me, is good, since I have no particular interest in following him anymore.

He's become just another mercenary player now.

For sale to the highest bidder. :(

TM

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Should be more than the 30,000 that showed in Regina Sunday. Where art thou Rider Nation?

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Only in Regina.

No rooms for Grey Cup? Folks rent RVs
    A Regina RV supplier says he has rented all but one of his winterized units to football fans planning to be in Regina for Grey Cup.
    Many discovered that hotel rooms were booked solid while others simply prefer the ambience of a home-on-wheels.
    "It wasn't really my idea," Scott Blundell, of Northern RV rentals, told CBC News Monday. "It was the customers' idea. They were looking for somewhere to be."
    Blundell explained that people were phoning him as long as ago as last spring, preparing to be in Regina.
    "A lot of people want to be independent [and] not deal with hotel rooms, parking downtown and that kind of thing," he said. "They want to be right beside [the stadium] so they can walk to and from."
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/no-rooms-for-grey-cup-folks-rent-rvs-1.2423166

[​IMG]

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeeeee-Haaaw! :D

Moonshine 'n Combines! ;)

Can life even get any better? :D

TM

9. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

The Bruins and Blackhawks were my teams of choice before the flames came to Calgary. But Jarome after 2004 killed my liking to the flames. Only interest now is to see where they go with the rebuilding and then maybe I might go back to the flames. Call be a band wagon jumper but I like teams that work hard and put in a full game. Jarome for years had slow starts why is that? No effort on his part. Just saying this is one guy that did not get fooled by his game play. The media made him a star he just could not back it up. Now TM it is your job to get her to be a Stamps fan but I am sure that is complete already.

10. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

I wonder can you put a snow blade in front of acombine? If so we need more room in the parking lot.

11. Barracuda

Barracuda Member

I think I used to live down the street from this guy... Sweet Home Alabama.