RedBlacks listening to offers for Glenn

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Feb 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

SOURCES: REDBLACKS ARE LISTENING TO OFFERS FOR QB GLENN
    TSN.ca

A crowded house at the pivot position in the nation's capital could see Kevin Glenn on the move.
    Sources tell TSN's Farhan Lalji, the Ottawa Redblacks are listening to offers for the disgruntled quarterback with a reported initial asking price of a first round pick.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who have the second overall pick in May's CFL draft, are reportedly among the teams interested in his services. But after trading away their last two first round picks in recent deals for Drew Willy and Korey Banks, its believed the Bombers would not be willing to part with another top pick in 2014.

Continue reading: http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=443541

Tags:
  2. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

I'd be pissed to if I were Glenn.

oilpatchhilbily likes this.
  3. Rids

Rids Member

The question is will other teams be patient and just wait for this to all play out like Ottawa should've done in the first place? Honestly the smart thing to do in a QB controversy is to sit back and wait for the price to come down. It will surely have to as Ottawa financially is taking a hit to have 2 QBs that are making starting QB money.

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Kevin not a happy man, understandably.

5. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

I guess he's been "hacked".

6. oilpatchhilbily

Have never been a huge Glenn fan (especially in the post season), but definitely gave him credit for what he accomplished during both regular seasons.

I was happy for him as starter for the RB's...not so much anymore. kind of a shitty deal, but he still may get his opportunity to take the number one slot if Winnipeg picks him up....maybe?

7. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

But then, wither goeth poor Willy? ;)

The Bombers already promised him the starter's role when they brought him over from the 'riders...

I'm sure they don't want to be accused of being the same 'viper pit' that Glenn looks like he'll now be crawling out from...

Or do they? ;)

TM

8. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Doesn't appear that Don Brennan at the Ottawa Sun believes Glenn was "hacked" at all:

The "hacker" who impersonated quarterback Kevin Glenn on Twitter could not have picked a worse time to commit the crime.

On the very first day Ottawa was able to bid on CFL free agents, he indirectly told every player in the league that RedBlacks' headquarters is infested with "lying snakes" and, intended or not, the ramifications could have damaging, long lasting affects.

The "hacker" who impersonated quarterback Kevin Glenn on Twitter might not have realized the paranoia that exists in the nation's capital, where the character of past owners, managers and coaches has been assassinated by ridicule that played a role in the demise of the previous, local pro teams. He might not have even known about the sullied reputations of the Rough Riders, in their darker, later years, or the Renegades, in their short stay. Likely, there was no dastardly master plan of sabotage. He probably wasn't thinking about painting OSEG, Marcel Desjardins and Rick Campbell with a similar brush.

But unless there's a line up of talented players with a particular fondness for inactive reptiles - or unless the RedBlacks have a plan to change their name to the Lying Snakes at Monday's 67's game, when they will also trot out their new mascot for the first time - what he did was put a distinct black mark on the fledgling organization.
    And what he could be punished for is defamation of character.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/12/twitter-hacker-was-misguided

I still can't see Ottawa keeping two expensive pivots at that position, so with or without Glenn's comments (if indeed it was him), I think the RedBlacks would've attempted to move him, anyway.

TM

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He should be thankful to Tate and the Stamps that he got a second career. He shouldn't be too pissed at Ottawa. Burris is no Tate.

10. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

11. Rich

Rich Member

Glenn asking to be traded. Don't blame him, he was chosen as #1, Burris signs on to be "the" quarterback. Slap in the face of a quality player. I would welcome him back to Calgary, but that is not going to happen. Might be the end of playing for him, which is a shame, one of the more consistent QB's over the last two years. Only place I can see him going is Winnipeg, as they do not have, well, anything. All the best to him, thanks for the 2 great seasons.

12. Rich

Rich Member

Oops, should have looked at "league talk" forum.