Review of the BC Lions Draft

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, May 3, 2012.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Your knowledge of these players is amazing. You really should be working for a CFL team, Rids!

3. Rids

Rids Member

This year I didn't get it as close as last year. Big time computer issues really made the annual Draft Guide a monster headache. 5 guys selected weren't in my book which is a shame, last year I kept the number down to 2. Tough when teams select guys that haven't played in a year or two but no excuses.

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Rids, what did you make of Winnipeg's first selection of OL Tyson Pencer?? Off the board with the first pick. Is Joe Mack a genius or a nut job with no clue how to draft? Are the Bombers truly prepared at the draft or do they just react to what is happening before them?

5. Rids

Rids Member

Pencer wasn't a good pick at #3 but is a good pick when you just look at him. I had Ty as my #6 OL and was predicting 12 OL to go in the Draft (10 did). Kid has a huge upside and is the most athletic 6'7" football player in a while. Trick is that he likely would've been available where Winnipeg would've drafted had they waited.

I do wonder if the Bombers were looking at Westerman and just didn't go after the Eskimos price or thought they could slide into #3 and get him.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I think it was the last reason you mentioned.
    [hr]
    What do you think of Joe Mack as an evaluator of Canadian talent & the way he drafts? He seems hit & miss to me. Like he isn't prepared for different scenarios.