Riddle Me This?

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Seeker1, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Seeker1

Seeker1 Member

A Stampeder team with one healthy QB release a healthy QB (Ryan Perrilloux), why? Stampeders have a kick returner, (Larry Taylor), who for the most part, has been less than stellar, yet release a player, Denodus O'Bryant, who potentially could fill that role? :cigar:

Hmm! Can Stampeder fans expect another QB, and returner/running back in camp soon? Higher quality NFL cuts should be available soon, one would think?
    September 11, 2013 ------- LINK

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Holy conundrum, Batman!...that is a puzzler, er, I mean Riddler! :D

There was no obvious rationale for either of those moves, except perhaps that it insinuates that neither player was assessed as having enough talent to justify keeping around.

In the absence of any other plausible explanation, go with the obvious inference.

However, in Perilloux's case, there was a suggestion in one media source that "we might see him back".

At this point, who really knows?

Tune in next week for a possible answer...same Bat-time, same Bat-channel! ;)

TM

3. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

On the QR77 pre-game show, they said the coaching staff didn't think Perrilloux was progressing enough to where he needed to be.

Sounded like they were pretty disappointed.

4. Rids

Rids Member

Routinely CFL teams release players late in the season with the expectation that they'll see them in training camp the next year. That usually doesn't start to happen until about Week 15 or 16 but maybe Calgary is playing ahead of the curve.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

I would agree with that, but Morley was a veteran and Perrilloux was around for half the season on the 9 Game Injury list.

You see a lot of late NFL cuts every year who come in for the proverbial 'cup of coffee' and a quick evaluation by the coaching staff only to see them released soon afterward with a ticket inviting them to camp next year.

I would think that they've already seen all they need to see from both of the above-mentioned players and it's unlikely either of them would be invited back next year if neither of them drew enough interest from Calgary to be invited to continue to stick around this year.

You may be exactly right on Denodus O'Bryant, however, since he was around for only a couple of weeks.

TM

6. Liske

Liske Member

That is a little puzzling. But I'm thinking it's more because Tate is close to coming back, and they need to dump some salary.

7. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Morley wasn't playing aggressive enough and when he was sat out his attitude went sour.

Huff tried to move him, but there were no takers.

He was quickly picked up by Barker in Toronto.....big shock. :eek:

8. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

Jim Barkers Recycling Inc.
    "We'll pick up anything you dump!"

Tundra Mustang likes this.
  9. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

Well if Morley got picked up that is good for him and to an eastern team I am fine with that. Right now the Argos are finding out how good their depth is and frankly they are not even close to the Stamps depth department.

10. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

I still really like D-Mo. Have no clue what happened here with him. Would not be surprised to see him go to TO with a clean slate and light it up again.