Rider Rumors

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Rids, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Rids

Rids Member

Don't you just love social media and random rumors that people can't back up or confirm? Here's a doozy on Facebook tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291015750946293/

Note to all: Christopher Jones isn't Argo coach Chris Jones....

Tags:
  2. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Unbelievably far-fetched.

Somebody looking for their proverbial "15 minutes of fame"?

TM

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Not that anyone outside of ssk aside from out of town fans would complain :D

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

The only real truth in this farfetcheroo is the bombers will probably win their last game (don't they always win nuthin' games?) and Edmonton will make sure they lose theirs. That way the bombers can forefit their 2nd round CIS pick and Edmonton will finish with the worst record but get that second pick and something even more important - an excuse to fire Preacher Reed.

As far as felonies are concerned the Riders would have a 10 to 15% chance of being suspended out if the felonies were actually murders. But a full out league suspension due to the action of a handful of thug-type players - not grounds to suspend the organization.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh hey that's the group I invited you in rids. Don't be afraid to give em hell in there.

6. Jayman

Jayman Member

Canadian Economic Advisory Board has recently issued a comprehensive review entitled "Net Loss to the Economy as a Result of Time Spent in Sports Chat Sites".

SF, OB, MBB, RF, WTF and Facebook all reviewed.
    One of the conclusions is that the time would be better spent in "slightly used book stores".

Bronks, no checks, just cash, OK?

deuvl and Tundra Mustang like this.
  7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

har har har. rids got hoodwinked. the whole thing was an elaborate joke to make us reflect on how poorly the riders and the cfl handled the whole affair.

naturally i had to invite him to check our site.

8. Rids

Rids Member

Not really hoodwinked. When somebody posts something in a public forum and claims it's also one the radio (one of the media members of the group there did air the rumor as well) it's fair game to be talked about on the message boards.

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

i think that was actually the point of the whole thing. hook line and sinker.

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

evening guys... just thought I would stop by and check out your discussion about my ridiculous post. I am not looking for "15 mins of Fame" I was trying to get people to think about what kind of consequences there could be to the riders lack of action in dealing with this matter.

deuvl likes this.
  11. Rids

Rids Member

Welcome to the board!

At this point they are 3 individuals charged under the criminal code but haven't gone to trial so therefore they are innocent and legally allowed to continue playing. Keep in mind that as imports they are not only facing criminal issues but immigration issues if convicted.

Jonathan Hefney won't go to court until February 2014 for his drug charge and since Calgary picked him up after Winnipeg released him over the charge in South Carolina that should make them doubly guilty of "lack of action".

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/08/20/5129697/ex-bearcat-hefney-to-enter-pre.html

Simoni Lawrence is going to court over a car accident he had in Minnesota during the off season so add Hamilton to the list.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/...aptain_screwing_over_woman_he_hit_on_i-94.php

12. Jayman

Jayman Member

No mention of the fraud and theft by conversion charges pending against The Big Blue Board?
    Lets try a little humor. Give me the best criminal charge, as a joke/laugh, against a current CFL somebody.
    Say, "possession of a controlled substance"......

Theft/Larceny........

Indecent exposure........

Fraud.......

Aggravated assault/Battery.......

Aiding and Abetting.........

Contempt........

As Bomber fans we spend long hours looking for football related sources of laughter.

13. Bronko

Bronko Member

For many years I good-naturedly opined about the two types of members on the bomber board of directors.

Jock-Sniffers + Knife 'n Forkers....

Now, with all the oily information leaking badly about the new stadium (IGF) project there's a third.

Felonius Monks (Dave Asper is the only one who has got the weekly award in all three categories, at 5'6 1/2", 255 lbs. he qualifies by default in the Knife 'n Forker category)

Jayman likes this.
  14. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

well even if it wasn't your intent you still got it. kudos and welcome. feel free to add more fantastical stories here as bronko has become a bit of a one-trick pony.

15. Jayman

Jayman Member

News Winnipeg, Canada (AP)

Winnipeg, Canada (AP) -A seven year old boy was at the centre of a Winnipeg courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.
    After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

16. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems to me that we should be setting you up with your own stickied thread entitled "Jayman's Jokes"...:p

TM

17. Christopher

Christopher Member

A pot conviction and a motor vehicle offence are hardly comparable to Aggravated Assault... These three are closer to Hernandez then they are to Heffney. When a player signs a contract with a CFL team he also signs a Code of Conduct with the team. Just the fact these Bozos were in a bar at 3 AM is enough to be suspended by most clubs. Never mind starting a 3 on 1 bar fight which put a guy in the hospital. But 30 days later after a thorough investigation by Regina Police. Crown Council filed Felony charges on these three. That is more than a little bar fight, they could do time. So innocent until proven guilty does not apply here. They have given the rider and the CFL a black eye and they should not be allowed to play until their trial. Huff would not have them on his team nor would Wally. When Josh Boden was charged with Domestic Violence The Lions released him. His charges were later dropped which was irrelevant because he put the club in a awkward position and he paid the price for it. Two out these three are making differences in games. My question is, Why is the league allowing them to continue playing? Why is the league giving the riders a free pass this year? They are obviously way over their salary cap. The league has all of the contracts and I am sure someone there can do a little math. This is also not taking into account the blatant one-sided officiating... but that is just an opinion.

18. Bronko

Bronko Member

I'll tell you why Christopher. Cuz its in the league, the team and the police/justice system's interest to co-op off "The Problem" and get in with bidness. Fines, stayed charges, poor witnessing, faded memories will all contribute to no riders going down. At least not til training camp next season. Underneath the seemingly calm surface a ton of rider lawyers, league lawyers, player reps are all squirming for traction to defer these cases as long as possible. And Smarmy Mark Cohon is also putting in some resources to bail from this problem.

deuvl likes this.
  19. Christopher

Christopher Member

Well, personally I seriously hope that the riders do not get past Buck Pierce and the BC Lions. For several reason mostly of course because I am a Lions fan but because it would be a fitting ending to an arrogant season for them to be beat by a "has been". If by some extreme stretch of the imagination they get past both BC and Calgary and win the Grey Cup... The victory will always be tainted for cheating . IMHO

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes we can always hold that against them in the worst case scenario. Their names engraved on the grey cup would be punishment enough for the league.