Riders release Sandra

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

That is all - cue the Iso party.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

will anyone (else) take him now?

3. K_O_cowtown

K_O_cowtown StampsFans' Luchador & Moderator
    Staff Member

Every time he kicked a field goal he acted like he just won the friggin grey Cup. Glad to see him go!!!

4. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

i'll miss his monkey dance.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Only team that ever respected him were the Stamps. Even his college team at Nebraska wouldn't respect him. We gave him his only shot when he turned pro as nobody else did & what did he do in kind? He disrespected the Stampeders always looking for something better. Never satisfied to repay our loyalty. His head became swelled as he was a prima donna on the field. He became a locker room cancer. He had a fight with Burke Dales. Nik Lewis called him an idiot. Then he leaves & fails in Hamilton, Montreal & now Saskatchewan. I say good riddance... Karma is a bitch.

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Seems like a lot of that 2008 team has been going down the drain. Hopefully 5 years from now the reunion will be a good one.

It's actually the 10th anniversary of the esks' 2003 win yet i still don't think Danny will be welcome.

7. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Muchacho was Eskies HC in 2005. Higgins was HC in 2003.

8. Rids

Rids Member

Maciocia was the OC + QB/RB Coach of the 2003 team.

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

He's getting interviewed a second time by Jim today.

10. iso_55

iso_55 Member

The Ala will be the butt of a lot of jokes if they hire him. From Muchacho to the Pilsbury Dough Boy. He was a lousy head coach so why would Popp want to hire him??

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

other candidates got a second interview too. long way to go. we might not know until next week. no worries.

12. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Hope you're right. I loved Muchacho & his little dance at the Grey Cup where he shook his booty. If he gets the Als job it's gonna be real hard for me not to revel in it again. ;)

13. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I remember more the 'break down and cry' moment when it was finally over. I can understand that, my goodness.

Eric Tillman was on the panel, real hard not to puke when esksfans see him again.

I have a full VHS Tape of the game. Real hard for rids not to puke seeing Sean Fleming kicking the winning FG. :p

14. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Muchacho misread the clock. Too funny. His shining moment & he missed it by 3 seconds. LOL! ;)

15. Rids

Rids Member

You mean this one?

http://youtu.be/jSN4WmM7EDA

16. iso_55

iso_55 Member

That's it. Also, he didn't get a lot of respect from Eskimo players because, as I understand it... Macciocia never played a single down of football in his life. Now, that could be wrong but it is somethiung I read about the guy. I give him credit, if that is true to being able to learn & understand the complexities of football but how does a coach who never played the game motivate & get the respect of the pro players on his team? They have played thru pain, injury, pressure & adversity. Some at some huge D1 schools, others at smaller D1, D2 or CIS schools. How can he relate to what they are going thru?? I mean, that's like a fighter pilot at the US Navy's Top Gun school being trained by a Cessna instructor. He's never been through combat so how can an instructor relate to his students trying to teach them to perform under death defying conditions & pressure when he never did? High school, sure but not the pros. I am sure some guys were fine with it but others probably not which is a problem if he wants to have the locker room in bad times. Now to be fair to Danny, maybe I am wrong & he did play football at at college. I just seem to remember reading something about him never playing the game at any level.

17. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey if the eskimo players don't want their rings anymore we'll gladly take them off their hands :D

Far as I know you are right about him never playing. As for misreading, you meant of course the down seeing as there was no clock.

18. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Pretty sure you had the same reaction rids. I was too tense to even watch.

19. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

With on-field pirouettes choreographed to the tune of Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim's "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and bright..."

Not that there's anything wrong with that...;)

TM

20. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Forever part of Grey Cup legend and lore. Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. The pressure he was under that year by the spoiled eskimo fans was beyond measure.