Riders Rob Bagg Tears ACL On 9 Game IR List

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by iso_55, Jul 18, 2012.

1. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Apparently did so on Saturday vs BC. This isn't the same knee he injured twice before but the other one. So both his knees are now injured. It's going to be tough for him to come back from this. I don't like the Riders but I hate seeing injuries like this. Rob is a class act & it is sad to see him go through another ACL tear. If Rob is smart, he'll think about the rest of his life & not the next time he can get on a football field for the Riders. Recovering from surgery & thinking about life after football should be his priorities now. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

bummer for Bagg.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

More pressure on Mr. Dressup (Dressler).

Bombers could hold the key to a trade by making one of Pooblah, Watson & Kohlert available.

Plus, I'm sure we could toss in The Talented Mr. Zipley (Etienne) as a parting gift!

Taman really needs another canuck receiver. Bagg will be hard to replace. Chris Bauman is OK but nowhere in the league of Watson and/or Pooblah.

Bombers would need a top o-line hog to make this deal work. Probably Ben Heenan or Chris Best and a #1 draft pick (which the bombers tend to burn anyways)

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

We need Bowman now that Arthur is out again with that same hamstring. How many years is it now???

5. Bronko

Bronko Member

Add J. Arthur to the League of Extraordinarily Injured Gentlemen.....

joining compadres Buck Pierce, Fred Reid, Jesse Lumsden, Joe Lobendahn.

6. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I fear Drew Tate may join that list.

7. Bronko

Bronko Member

Frankly Al, I know Taman is now very desperate to find a quality canadian catcher - but he won't give up anything of value until the Riders start on a losing slide. Might happen soon and then Heenan and/or Best become trade stock.

I supsect he'd want Pooblah over Watson but could be wrong. Drowsy Joe Mack would be a fool not to take a stud like Heenan, especially with the o-line woes he's got.

Would be much easier if J Etienne was ready for prime time. He's not!

8. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Taman will never trade Heenan. Besides, if he did Heenan would bolt like Labatte back to the Mother Land once his contract is up so I wouldn't want the guy.