Riders wanted Burris (made 2 offers)

Discussion in 'CFL League Talk' started by Madman, Sep 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

According to Arash Madani, Saskatchewan made 2 offers this past weekend to Ottawa for Henry Burris - Ottawa turned both down.

One of the offers included SK's 1st round pick and a roster player.

Why doesn't Ottawa make this deal?

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Liske

Liske Member

Because Burris can still put fans in seats. And they have absolutely no one else at QB with even a glimmer of hope to being a starter. Besides, Ottawa won't do anything until the off season, when it's easier to find QBs, and they can assess what other positions they need to upgrade. So, they might deal Henry then.

My question would be: Why would the Riders be interested in Burris when he is such a proven choker in the playoffs? Besides, the fans hate him (or at least, they love to hate him).

Ottawa shot themselves in the foot with the whole Kevin Glenn/Henry Burris fiasco.

4. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not like there's a chance for them this year, why not capitalize on an asset that really nobody else wants?

He's not getting the job done in Ottawa and someone wants to take him off your hands for a damn good premium - seems like it's too good to be true.

5. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

It may in part be because Hank himself don't wanna go.

At least that's what he's said in the media a couple of weeks back when Durant went on long-term injury reserve and heads naturally swivelled east. He moved his family out of their home in the Tuscany subdivision in Calgary (where they continued to live following his trade from the Stampeders in early 2012), and into a place in Ottawa, and I'm sure that having made that commitment, he's less than thrilled at the prospect of abandoning them again by coming west for an uncertain length of time.

I would expect he's told Ottawa management that.

And at this stage of his career, I'd bet that he's also told management that if they trade him, he won't report.

With a veteran of Hank's stature, if he really doesn't want to go, I don't see how you can make him.

TM

6. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

On Ottawa's website there is an open letter by Rick Campbell to the fans:

'please don't leave. We promise not to suck anymore'.

or words to that effect....

7. Flash

Flash Member

RedBlacks are holding out for Seth Doege, a receiver that isn't going to get arrested and a Canadian that can start on defense.

8. Liske

Liske Member

All of the above reasons....plus: Henry doesn't like playing second fiddle to anyone. What happens when Durant comes back? Who's the starter?