road trip to Edmonton

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Dionysis, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Hey guys, a couple of buddies and I were thinking of going up to Edmonchuck for the Labour Day rematch this year and we were wondering if anyone on the board here knows of any travel companies who might be putting on such a trip.
    I seem to remember in past years, there was a bus or two that went up but I have no idea who to contact.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I would contact the Stampeders to see if they can help. They may want to put something together for fans if there is enough interest.

3. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Yah, I sent the Stamps an email yesterday and we'll wait to see if they respond. A member on "another fan site" suggested the site http://stampeders.bowlbus.com/. They have a bus going up there and they charge $70 for a round trip ticket which isn't bad.

4. Rids

Rids Member

The Luxury Charter bus sure doesn't sound like a yellow cheese wagon school bus! Sounds pretty good!

I won tickets on a charter bus once heading to Edmonton for a Canadian National Team soccer game and it was great to sit there and watch movies on the way up in nice comfy seats, get dropped off at the front gates and picked up for the trip back. You really don't care even when you get into a little traffic leaving the stadium area thanks to the nice bus!

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Bus trips are fun. Been on a few myself. You can have a few brewskees & not worry about it. Especially with the new dreunk driving laws coming into effect this July long weekend.