Romney picks Paul Ryan for VP

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Stamps Rule, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Stamps Rule

Stamps Rule Member

What a disaster this election is shaping up to be.

Obama is going to destroy these two.

Looks like we're in for another 4 years of malaise.

Tags:
  2. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

where'd he go anyway?

3. iso_55

iso_55 Member

My wife made a mistake & said Romney picked Ron Paul... I said WHAT????? Then I thought pretty gutsy choice as he appeals to a lot of mainstream Americans especially with his domestic fiscal policies. I got a little excited thinking a Romney-Paul ticket might be a very strong force against Obama-Biden strictly because of Paul's appeal. Then I found out it wasn't Ron Paul but Paul Ryan. What a letdown... Barely know the guy other than he likes to cut, cut, cut. Four more years of Obama.

4. Bronko

Bronko Member

These cost-cutters (like Ryan) are pretty bold men when they are interviewed on media, get to put out their own speeches. However, when confronted by specifics like which programs will you cut, who will you lay off or fire, etc. they tend to go to the politicians playbook and either 1. Change the Question or 2. Dance around the answer (babbling something about studying the situation and making decisions - - - LATER)

We get that in Canada all the time. Cost-cutters get elected cuz its pretty appealing for Joe Q 'Stupid' Public. But once they're in office, they are confronted by interest groups to avoid cutting - in fact some of them add fat to the pork pies.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

An understandable mistake iso. Go easy on her ;)