Ronda Rousey (aka Adele) hosting Saturday Night Live

Discussion in 'SF Lounge' started by Bronko, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Honda (as Cyborg calls her) trying to forge her way back into the public consciousness after having her head virtually kicked off vs. Hollywood Holly Holm. Selena Gomez (former Justin Bieber teammate) is the musical guest.

I suspect some surprise pop-ups tonite might occur - names = Dana White, Cupcake Miesha Tate, even Hollywood Holly. Don't think they'd let the Cyborg into the building - she'd tear poor Honda up.

Should be fun though. Although I doubt Ronda Rousey will ever be able to screw up the courage to fight again after what Holm did to her.

Tags:
  2. Bronko

Bronko Member

Jets are in need of some muscle - might be able to convince Butterbean Rousey to take a few skating lessons. If not, sign Cyborg or Hollywood Holly. Cupcake Miesha tate a bit too small for Jets at 5'5", 135 even though she's probably stronger than at least 2 or 3 current Jet players!

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going to see Selena here next may 26. Didn't know she lives with Lupus.

#3 deuvl, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  4. Bronko

Bronko Member

Yes, Selena has lupus - hope she didn't catch it from Biebs!
    Selena was the hi=light of the nite on SNL - Ronda the Panda didn't desecrate the stage and did a workmanlike job with some very weak writing.
    I think she'll realize the Hollywood lifestyle is more to her liking - perhaps even doing a year or two as one of Vince McMahon's lady stooges at WWE (where outcomes are notoriously rigged)
    Ronda is no match for Holly Holm, Cyborg, etc. She can whip the cans off cupcakes like Miesha Tate but that's about it.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Screamin' Serena Williams enter the octagon and snuff out loudmouts like Cyborg, Cupcake, Rousey & Holly Holm. Give that woman 6 months of MMA training and she'd be virtually unstoppable. Don't think they can squeeze her into the 135 lb. division.

5. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

so I guess that would make Rousey the female version of brock lesnar.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

I don't think Lesnar is on the 'Chris Farley Diet' - at least not yet!

7. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

ah chris, how we miss thee........and he was hard to miss

8. Bronko

Bronko Member

With a wee bit of training, perhaps a gain of 15 to 25 lbs. I can see Panda Rousey becoming a new, younger but slightly less lethal version of Melissa McCarthy.

Ronda is pretty much bursting at the seams at only 29 so I can't imagine her ever fighting at 135 again anyways!

9. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Ronda just made the swimsuit cover of SI. with body paint swimsuit no less. rrrrrr..........

there are actually three different covers with two other hotties. I guess ronda couldn't carry the load alone.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

Ronda surfaced yesterday (in between body paint sessions) on Ellen DeGeneres. Said she considered taking her own life after Holly Holm shattered her aura of false invincibility. Said Holly hurt her early with a fist or elbow and Ronda had all kinds of teeth running loose in her mouth plus she was basically out on her feet - couldn't think or articulate fighting thoughts - and basically was dysfunctional vs. Holm. Surprised that Holly didn't polish her off in the 1st round vs. a minute into Rd. 2.

A lot of what Ronda said seemed heartfelt but it was pure b.s. when she said she still considered herself undefeated. If she doesn't get some proper boxing training she'll end up getting her head kicked off again whether she fights Holm or the other monster lurking around - aka Cyborg.

Ronda is moving slowly into modelling, art & movies - the last thing she wants is some hardcore legitimate fighter knocking her head into high heaven and leaving her in a wheelchair or worse.

As the next fight approaches I suspect Rousey seriously considers retirement from the fight game and a more sedate and just as high-paying lifestyle. Even the great Gina Carrano retired shortly after getting pounded into submission by Cyborg a few years ago. Carrano wasn't near as arrogant as Rowdy Ronda and she actually inflicted some damage on the mighty Cyborg before succumbing.

Ronda is angling to change the question now - probably coming out as an all-American girl with a humble as pie attitude - trying to make Holm the bad guy. Whatever!

11. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Her mother AnnMaria De Mars weighed in saying that Ronda needs to change coaches and her training regimen. She wasn't the least bit surprised by the outcome of her fight against Holm and she would know.

12. Bronko

Bronko Member

Ronda is bordering on uncoachable now. Very similar to Jennifer Jones, the great Manitoba Olympic gold medal curler and 5 time Canadian champion - and perish the thought more nearing Eugenie Bouchard territory. Bouchard is incredibly uncoachable. At least Jen Jones has a record of amazing accomplishments and she probably knows more than most coaches anyways!

btw - Jennifer Jones and the great leading ladies of Canadian curling begin play this weekend in the Scott Tournament of Hearts - coming direct from Revolution Place in Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Jones, now 41 is the favourite. Her games are always riveting television even if you're not a huge curling fan. Her strategy is amazing - and she and her cute as baby doll 3rd, Kaitlyn Lawes have quite the comedy act going when deciding who's supposed to sweep their stones.

Jones is going after a record 6th Canadian title but the bigger story is Ontario's Jenn Hanna - a 36 yr old who took Jones to the limit 10 years ago and only lost because Jones made one of the greatest last rocks in curling history. Hanna receded from the scene for many years - but now returns to the scene of the crime - having toppled one of curling's greatest teams, Rachel Homan in the Ontario playdowns.

13. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

I tried to watch that Ellen clip, had to shut it off it was so fake. She continued to contradict herself so much, it was unbelievable and gross.

One of the first things she said to Ellen was she wasn't trying to make excuses, but her speech was all excuses.

Not a fan of hers at all.

14. Bronko

Bronko Member

By my reckoning Ronda has a window of 'bout 6 to 18 months to shoot her mouth off, talk about all the arms she's gonna break and how bad her brain was rattled when Holm lit her up. I suspect Rousey will come down with a couple excuses to delay the re-match with Holm (injury or movies) but as the date approaches fear will rear its ugly head and she'll find more (and creative) ways to opt out.

I've never seen a woman beat up as bad as what Holly Holm unleashed on Rousey - it was that bad and more. Ronda, the great unbeaten MMA champion looked like a plump and untasty fawn.

No wonder she's been running scared of Cyborg (Cristine Santos) who rendered Gina Carrano senseless. Ronda is totally terrified of Cyborg but it manifests itself as self-centered braggadocio about what she'd do to Cyborg - only problem is her handlers and Ronda itself don't want to be within 25 miles of Cyborg.

I think if Holm kicks the crap out of Cupcake (Miesha Tate) (great nickname provided by Ronda Rousey) then a Holm vs. Cyborg confrontation might be totally great. Of course, one of them (perhaps both) might have their faces planted in the ring canvas by the end of it. That's how brutal it might be. Personally, I'd favour Cyborg - she's rarely been hurt in her long fighting career and she's relentless. Holm might re-adjust Cyborg's dental work but unlike Rousey - Cyborg would just react with a hail of fists and knees.