Rookie Stamps Lineman Puts Med School Plans On Hold

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Rookie Stamps lineman puts med school plans on hold
    Jones' focus on football
    Scott Fisher, CalgarySun.com

“Dr. Jones, Jones, calling Dr. Jones ...”

It’s not just a lyric from a 90s hit by Danish pop group Aqua.

It could be a page Brett Jones finds himself answering for the rest of his life.

But not yet.

The Calgary Stampeders rookie offensive lineman is focused solely on football for the foreseeable future.

“I didn’t get in (to medical school) this year,” Jones said. “I’m not sure if I’ll apply again next year, but it’s definitely something I want to do in the future.

“My marks were high enough. I got an interview, but I guess the interview didn’t go well enough.

“I definitely have things to work on with that.”

Well, he’ll certainly get that opportunity if he carves out a spot for himself on the Stamps offensive line.

There’s plenty of ink-stained wretches who will help him out with his interviewing skills for the next six months.

Jones’ interest in pursuing further education likely scared other teams off, and Stamps GM/head coach John Hufnagel said he was shocked the Regina Rams product was available with the 16th pick overall.

But Jones said he always planned on being in camp, regardless of what happened at school.

Read more: http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/05/31/rookie-stamps-lineman-puts-med-school-plans-on-hold

Tags: