Roundup for September 16th

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Stamps defensive end Justin Phillips benched with an injury following Friday’s Bomber blowout

Stampeders sick bay filling up fast

Calgary pivot Kevin Glenn is in it to win it

Tags:
  2. Bumpnrun

Bumpnrun Member

I have been critical at various times this year with this team and I have no idea how the remainder of this season will unfold for the Stamps, but I must say I am very impressed how Hufnagel has this team in a playoff position with all their injuries. While the Stamps may not have the best overall talent in the league, I agree with Justin Phillips that this team is proving to have the most character and resiliency.

3. Bronko

Bronko Member

Very true. But Huff is a veteran coach, surrounded by above average assistants and an ownership group who stays out of his face plus a GM who's been warned specifically not to involve himself in football ops.

Given all the injuries (especially Tate) Huffer just keeps ploddin' on, heading to another post-season (predicted finish is 11-7 or 10-8) confrontation with Wally Buono's lions. Sorry, Edmonton & Sask. are not solid enough to upset the Stamps in the semi-final. Unfortunately, Glenn is not that good to get away easy - he'll need at least a B to B+ game in the semi to exterminate the 3rd place threat.

4. Tundra Mustang

Tundra Mustang Moderator
    Staff Member

Gee, I sure hope you're not right about that, Bronks....;)

I presume the object of your rant is one Lyle Bauer, who's the club's President and Chief Operating Officer.

May I introduce you to one John Hufnagel, who, since 2008 has been the Stampeders' GM?

I somehow doubt the club's executive has warned him not to become involved in "football operations"...:p

After all, this isn't Winnipeg, you know...where the GM apparently should stay out of any football-related discussions...;)

TM

5. Erik Estrada

Erik Estrada Member

Stamps fans are used to not getting their starter's A game come playoff time but Glenn so far this year has been the anti-Burris so who knows.

6. Bronko

Bronko Member

My bad, bad, bad!!!

Guess I'm still a newbie when it comes to the nomenclature of the various teams. Thanks for the correction on Lyle....

There was a twitter in Wpg this weekend begging Bettman to lock out Buchko & Mack!