Sara Orlesky throws Pat Clayton under Bus

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Bronko, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Bronko

Bronko Member

Sultry Sara was filling in on TSN 1290 radio this afternoon and was beside herself about how the Stamps missed the concussion symptoms to Drew Tate. Kinda hinted Pat Clayton is a tremendous trainer but knows squat about head injuries (which is probably true)

I suspect Huff can cover himself by saying nobody told him about symptoms Tate was experiencing. Rick Ralph (another TSN rounder) said that Dave Dickenson should have known but Dave also suffered from concussions so he might not have remembered the Tarius George hit on Tate?

The other cover the Stamps appear to be hiding behind is the fact the only real concussion test conducted on Tate was the half-time and post-game interviews with TSN's Farhan Lalji (or the other sideline dude)

But a trainer like Clayton is not equipped to examine a player for concussion symptoms. Heck, even neurologists never know for sure.

As I've stated before concussion symptoms sometimes do not manifest until hours, days or even weeks after the incident. So how can one do it 45 seconds after the play? I certainly don't know any method thats 100% foolproof. Do you?

Tags:
  2. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

It wasn't just one test 45 seconds after the play though.

There was that test, a test at halftime, a test after the game and a test today - all of which were passed. (according to public sources)

Even an independent CFL board agreed with the Stamps methods and findings.

I'm not saying I believe any of this, but to simply state he had one test is false and misleading.

3. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

Sara can throw me under a bus anyday

4. iso_55

iso_55 Member

^This.

5. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Well, I can say this to Sarah... what does she know about concussion protocols? Is she a neurologist?? No, she is a reporter. How does she know Clayton or the Stamps medical staff don't know anything about head injuries??? What qualifcations does she have to say such things? None. Maybe she should start snooping around in her own backyard about the way the Bombers take care of Buck Pierce before she says anything about the Stampeders medical staff. Bet there's a big story there that needs to be unearthed.

6. Rids

Rids Member

Well there wasn't a test after the play as Tate held his head and took the next snap.

7. ztella

ztella Member

retarded.

we have like 4 team doctors on the sidelines that all looked at him.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

Thanks JC. I said the same thing. No news here. Silly that we are talking about it. Pro sports, # 1 QB??? Would he be playing if he was in danger? Don't think so.

9. iso_55

iso_55 Member

An out of town reporter puts Pat Clayton, who is an experienced & respected sports therapist down like that? Ridiculous.

10. Bronko

Bronko Member

I think Orlesky got her panties in a knot cuz her comrade, Farhan Rushdie asked Tate about the first half and he remarked "I don't remember much too tell you the truth".....the same reporter asked Tate after the game about the first half and the same answer (don't remember) came up....

So if thats what she was going on, she knows Laljie is not a doctor, not a trainer, not a neurologist. And the entire Stamps organization was oblivious to the TSN broadcast. If anything Lalji should have reported the incident to Stamps management or a trainer/doctor and let them take it from there.

I still have reservations about concussion protocol which declares a man OK within minutes of the incident. Ztella knows that concussion symptoms often manifest hours, days or even weeks after the initial incident.

11. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

Ummmm... speechless. I think there is a reason why player associations mandate these types of rules/testing. There is a long history of bad decisions by teams. I am glad 3rd parties are keeping an eye on these things - maybe not Orlesky though... lol.

12. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

And not a very smart reporter!

13. iso_55

iso_55 Member

I like Sarah but man, she needs to talk about things after she has researched them.

14. C-COOP

C-COOP Member

I like Sara when the TV is on mute. I would much rather they use a retired player with some experience in the game for that "job".

15. Bronko

Bronko Member

Sara is good at her job - reporting on the sidelines and asking the same half-time questions.

Yesterday she strayed into the flagrant field of Yappy Talk Sports Radio where everyone has to have outlandish opinions OR THEY DON'T WORK!

The fact she's using Farhan Lalji as the acid test for concussion is ridiculous.

If Tate was woozy would the Stamps permit him to do half-time interviews? (even if its CFL protocol)

16. CoachB57

CoachB57 Member

I really think that some of these Lazy Boy reclining Head Coach wannabe's and so called sports reporters really need to strap on the pads and then you'll see how good your memory is when you are in the heat of battle.

Getting the absolute hell smacked out you and being a bit out of it is way different than a concussion. Now, guys like myself who suffered from post concussive syndrom for a long while because I didnt know the difference and just wanted to win a national championship...well I kinda regret that some days.

17. redwhite2005

redwhite2005 Member

What is really stupid of her is that not thinking that Pat Clayton one of the best at his job would definately know if a player has concussed symptoms or not she should stick to know how to fix the run in her nylons the dizzy twit. Why is she not asking a smart question like why was T George not tossed from the game for deliberately trying to injure Tate? But know she attacks the integrity of the Stampeders coaching staff. Ban her from McMahon Stadium.

18. iso_55

iso_55 Member

Yeah, that hit by George was bush... pardon the pun. A deliberate attempt to injure. No questionibng the integrity of CFL officiating or the crappy job Tom Higgins does, Sarah?

19. deuvl

deuvl Moderator
    Staff Member

no question there.

20. Bronko

Bronko Member

Most unusual bannings from McMahon Stadium - first Gainer, now Sara O....

Who's next, Goldberg?