Scrap Used As Teaching Tool As Stamps Aim To Become More Disciplined

Discussion in 'Calgary Stampeders Talk' started by Madman, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Madman

Madman Administrator
    Staff Member

Hufnagel.John2.JPG

Scrap used as teaching tool as Stamps aim to become more disciplined
    Rookie receiver Brandon Kinnie came up swinging at Keon Raymond last Friday
    Vicki Hall, Calgaryherald.com

A stern John Hufnagel conducted a lengthy sermon at the conclusion of Day 6 at Calgary Stampeder training camp.

At issue: the first scrap of camp involving rookie receiver Brandon Kinnie and the most unlikely of combatants — soft-spoken linebacker Keon Raymond.

For the record, Kinnie was the one to come up swinging after taking exception to Raymond’s coverage style on a passing drill.

For the record, Kinnie earned an early shower for his part in the squabble.

“There was a confrontation,” Hufnagel, the head coach and general manager, was saying after he addressed his charges on the matter. “Something happened. We’re not quite sure. I didn’t see the whole thing, whose space got interrupted. But it’s funny . . .”

Funny, because Hufnagel talked to the group about discipline on Friday night. In fact, to make his point, he showed a video clip of a player taking a swing at an opponent during a game, and the officials promptly marching the offender to the locker-room for rough play.

“That’s why I had my little chat with them,” Hufnagel said. “If you swing, you’re out.”
    Kinnie swung, and he was out.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...used+teaching+tool+Calgary/8501828/story.html